Tuesday 22 May 2007

Chillin' in Kitsilano...

I biked down to Kitsilano today. I used some of the old routes and paths that I took back when I was kid. I forgot how free it feels to be riding a bicycle. It's so much fun and there's plenty of designated bike paths in the city. I took a few photos on my way there. Here's the first shot, when I stopped by Stavros Body Shop to say, "hi," to my friend Nick (right of photo). I've known him since elementary school and now he manages his family's autobody business. I was surprised to see Ivan working for him. We all went to high school together. Killarney Cougars in the house!!!I met John who was working on the RAV Line on Cambie Street. He found out I was Filipino and told me that he was going to Cebu, Philippines soon. He plans to marry a Filipina when he gets there and then bring her over here after. There's the trench that's been dug for the new line of the Skytrain. Edith Cavell Elementary, the first school I attended when I arrived in Vancouver in 1979. This was the apartment building we used to live at. Fatty and I decided to have a bite at the Cornerstone Cafe. Chewy relaxes in Fatty's arms... We both had grilled panini tuna melts. Thought I'd take a shot of myself... A shot of the Watermark Restaurant on Kits Beach... A view of the ships in moorage...A view of West End... In the words of Fatty, "Looks like summer has finally arrived." There's Chewy!!! There's a big tree!!! Chewy plays fetch with Fatty... "Throw the stick already!" Here's a video of Chewy doing his thing. The silhouette shot... Chewy is done for the day. Fatty and Veronique take me to Iki Japanese Bistro for dinner... The new recruits of the Green Lantern Corps...Surprising interior design, you wouldn't know it from outside. Yam Tempura Fries... Sushi made with brown rice! This was a first for me. Maple Creme Brulee... The restaurant had an assortment of maki sushi rolls that I've never heard of before. I'm definitely going back for more, good bang for the buck!

No comments: