Sunday 15 September 2013

The Following Day in Calgary...

This afternoon, Ian and Patti took me out for something to eat.  Our first stop: Central Blends Cafe.
And finally, Jimmy's A&A Mediterranean Deli!!!
I've waited a long time for this.
This place just keeps getting bigger and better every time I visit.
They serve the best Chicken Shawarmas I've ever tasted right here!
Jimmy's hired more staff too.
Shawarmas in creation.
No one and nothing shall come between me and Jimmy's Chicken Shawarma!  They've got 2 locations in Calgary now.  ;-)
For dessert, we dropped by Jelly Modern Doughnuts.
I had a Maple Bacon Doughnut.
Good stuff!
Walking through Calgary's business district, I admired the University of Calgary's downtown campus.  The building's exterior resembled furniture upholstery!  LOL!
Introducing the BowCalgary's tallest skyscraper!
It's shaped like a bow and lies close to the Bow River.
Whoa, there's a big head in the front!

The view from inside the head.
Go directly to jail.  Do not pass GO!
The Third-Eye shines.
The head's a little shiny.
The artist responsible.
Please do not climb.

It's eye is twinkling.
Uh, your nose is a little shiny.
The security guard offered to photograph us, but he cut-off the big head.  LOL!
Cranial Eclipse.
My head's corona.
Back on 17th, Ian spotted a Porsche Carrera GT!
This car has always been one of my favourites!
Love its behind.  ;-)
From drinks at Melrose...
to Steaks at Ian's.
On our way to the airport, I finally met Emerson!
This is Alma and Fred's daughter!
Fred and Alma made a pit stop at YYC on their way home to Edmonton.
This little kid is cute,
but she's starting to cry,
so it's time to give her back to her parents.  Plus, it's time to jet back to Vancouver!  ;-)

Big thanks to Ian and Fred for my travel and accommodations!!!  :-)

No comments: