Wednesday 4 January 2012

Steve Nash Sports Club

I joined this gym over a year ago and ever since, I've been coming here practically everyday!  It's my favourite location because it offers towel service and digital lockers.  Plus, all members have access to a steam room and sauna!
It's always a pleasure when you've got the smiling faces of Dawnia and Tiffani greeting you when you arrive at the club.
Dawnia's Friday spin class is a regular thing for me and thanks to Tiffani, I now get 15% off whenever I shop at the Helly Hansen store!
Credit Glen for the change in my lifestyle.  He's the one that sold me my membership back when he was working at the Morgan Crossing location.
And a lot of thanks has to go to one of my best friends, Fatty for showing me how to weight lift properly. My work-outs were so disorganized until he showed me the light.  
A big part of my regiment is yoga!  I try to attend a class everyday.  Here Sarah (left) and I are posing with one of our favourite instructors, Tedi Martin (centre).
I met fellow member, Sarah through Tedi's classes.
As you can tell, we love yoga!  You don't need to turn-up the thermostat when Tedi's in charge.  She can make you sweat by building your internal heat through practice alone!
Ah yes, and then there's Troy!  This yoga instructor is a big fan of Bikram Yoga and Y Yoga.  LOL!
Troy never fails to make me laugh during class!  He's travelling through Bali for a couple months, so we're all awaiting his return.
This is Kala.  I always enjoy her Yoga Ride sessions on Thursdays.  It's a welcome bonus when she shares her peppermint oil with everyone during shavasana!  Actually, she and Tedi both taught Waterfront Yoga at Canada Place last summer.  "Waaahhh..."  
Awww...  I wish this yogini had more sessions here.  Liz only teaches on Tuesday afternoons, so I try not to miss her class.  Most yoga studios charge $10 for an hour of drop-in, but here at the Steve Nash Sports Club, yoga classes are included with your membership!  The way I see it, I'm getting more than my money's worth from the monthly fee by attending all these classes.  ;-)
Running into Kelsey (not Kasey)...  LOL!  She too teaches spin.  Kelsey also gave me a free shirt one time!  "Fun, Inspiring, Teamwork, Noble, Encouragement, Service, Success"
Romney Pearson...  This personal trainer gave me a free session on...
a Pilates Reformer back in November.  After an hour of training, I noticed immediate results, especially in my abdominal regions and in my posture!  I was impressed to say the least, so when Romney offered some Christmas specials for her pilates sessions, I bought some.  She now trains me to keep my tummy flat and much more!

Big thanks to all the friendly staff and trainers at the Steve Nash Sports Club for keeping me fit!!!  :-)

1 comment:

Fatty said...

hell ya buddy! now we just need to cut the desserts.