Monday 9 April 2012

Easter in Langley (Day 2)

"Good morning Cooner!" 
Poor Fatty...  His knee is out of commission because of an incident at work.  :-(
Looks like Cooner smells something.
Ahhh, it's Lila trying to toast some bread.
Diesel enjoyed the morning sun.
The Popa Fatt and I stayed overnight and now we were ready for some breakfast.
I love the company we keep on the patio.
Time to dig-in.
After Lila was done eating, she decided to hop on the trampoline.
She just loved it and we loved watching her!  LOL!
It was time to visit the farm where Jess keeps her horse, Felix.
Brothers, Nicholas and Alex...
When the chickens saw us, they all started to gather-in closer.  :-)
"Little donkey, little donkey..." 
Jess tried to hop-on the Miniature Pony.
"Well, hello!" 
Jess introduced us to Felix.
He's a pretty big horse!
This photo would have been much better if Lila was naked.  ;-)
Time to head over to the barn.
 Mel was prepping her horse, Jazz.
Felix got a lot of hugs from Lila.
We eventually made our way over to the arena...
to watch the girls ride.

I felt like we were in a movie!
Cutie pie, Mel and her horse, Jazz posed for a photo with Lila and me!
It was like getting a free show.
Jess and Felix coming-in...
Lila hopped-on the back!
There they go!

My turn now! 


My nuts were starting to hurt...
from all the bouncing against Jess' saddle.  LOL! 
The girls started to do some jumping!

It's so beautiful to watch.
Who's that coming around the bend?
It's me!
I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever ridden a horse all by myself!
It was actually pretty easy because Felix is very tame.
Many thanks to Jessica for allowing me to cool-down her horse!!!
I can't wait to do this again!
Uh oh, a chicken and a rooster were following us!  LOL!
We met another friend here,
Stella!
She was such a sweetheart.
Popa Fett rode this horse all on her own.
We were having so much fun here, we decided to extend our car rental for another day.  Just $23.27 CAD per day for this Ford Escape from Budget.
Our next stop: Kleider Veterinary Services...
I love coming to this ranch.
Who's down there?
It's Gary and Ashton!
Let's take a little tour around here.

Dr. Nick and Elizabeth will be living on this ranch in couple of weeks.
Woohoo, a tire swing!
Soon to be reacquired by the end of this month!
Greeting one of the clinic's patients...
This horse was so damn friendly!
Someone wanted a kiss...
and I gladly obliged.  :-)
Elizabeth decided to give Suzy a shower while we were here.
LOL!  Suzy tried to run away a couple of times.
After leaving the ranch, we dropped by Cafe Planet Java in Fort Langley where I ordered a Chocolate Milk Shake.
It's as if this town was untouched by time.
From horses to steel horses...  ;-)
We took a stroll by the Fraser River before we left.
Thanks to Lila, I watched "21 Jump Street" tonight.  Honestly, I should have downloaded it.  ;-)

A big thank you to all the people that made our Easter weekend wonderful!!!  :-)

No comments: