Wednesday 23 January 2008

Running Around Town

I took a few shots of Downtown Vancouver today as ran some errands. Here's one of Hotel Vancouver with the under construction Shangri-La Condotel in the back. The Shangri-La is the tallest building of the city skyline and it's not even finished yet! There goes a SeaBus. Inside Waterfront Station... The Lions, I've been on top of the western peak once! North Vancouver... The Vancouver Convention Centre Expansion Project... A view down Howe Street... A met up with Fatty and Veronique in the evening and we went to Jolly's Indian Bistro for dinner. It's located at 2778 West 4th Avenue (@ MacDonald Street) in Kitsilano. Veronique and Alex... We all ordered their Butter Chicken. Usually, when I order this dish anywhere else, I disregard the chicken completely and just eat the sauce with Naan (similar to my childhood approach of just eating the skin of KFC), but Jolly's Butter Chicken is so good that I ate everything except the cutlery! After dinner, I went with Misha to the Hollywood to watch "Things We Lost in the Fire". I was actually quite surprised how good this movie was, being that it was produced in Vancouver. I haven't been too impressed lately with the city's recent productions, especially after watching "In the Name of the King", but this one is worth seeing. I'm curious now about "Juno". I'll never forget Fatty's earlier comment in the apartment. "Halle Berry, what an amazing actress... Did you see 'Catwoman'?" LOL!!! (I hadn't laughed so hard in awhile. That was a good one, Fatty!!!)

No comments: