Friday 28 November 2008

A Rainy Friday

My day started off with Nora picking me up, then heading out to Ikea for a bite to eat and to do a little shopping. Meals here are good and so damn cheap! We eventually arrived to the primary objective of our day, the DVC Indoor Shooting Centre. Nora inside with the large selection of firearms... Loading the clip... I went with the Glock 34. These plastic pistols are so easy to operate. My first shot... In the white centre, baby! Our supervisor, Scott was very helpful. I looked over to my left a few times to see these targets just disintegrate. It was because this dude was firing a 12 Gauge Shotgun! The facility was nice and clean. My target on the left and Nora's to the right... Nora posing with Scott and her target... Her groupings were actually better than mine! My groupings were all over the place. LOL!!! This place is great and the staff are really friendly! Nora and I each paid $65 which included the range fee, firearm rental, 50 rounds of ammo, and the company of a trained supervisor. On Fridays from 7 pm to 10 pm, it's "Ladies Night" which means the girls only have to pay for ammo. It's a great deal because it's usually about $30 for a box of 50 rounds. The DVC Indoor Shooting Centre is located at Unit #201-1655 Broadway Street in Port Coquitlam, BC. They're phone number is 604-941-6933. Big thanks to Nora for driving me around everywhere!!! A little later, I hooked-up with Rich for some Japanese cuisine at Hachibei, located at 778 West 16th Avenue in Vancouver, BC. The dumbass... I ordered their Breaded Beef Cutlets for dinner. It was delicious!!! Definitely worth a return visit.

No comments: