Saturday 24 January 2009

Trip to Pender Island (Day 1)

This shot was taken last night during my absence. Celebrating Fatty's 30th birthday was just one of the reason for going to Pender Island this weekend.So, I bussed down to the Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal this afternoon to make the trek over. I actually rode on the Coastal Celebration, one of the province's new ferries. A great looking ship, but shitty weather... Plenty of seating here... I finally arrived at Swartz Bay to transfer to another ferry.  That boat off in the distance is the Coastal Celebration heading back to the mainland.  I almost ended-up back on that ship because I got confused with all the hallways at the terminal.  Thank goodness, I recognized my mistake in time.
I finally got on the right ferry. Approaching Otter Bay at Pender Island... I finally arrived. There to greet me on the other end were Nicholas, Fatty, Lila, and Tamara!
Once we entered Julia and Greg's house, I met Annie!  She's a cute Jack Russell Terrier.
Oh, Sam... Awww, these guys waited for me to arrive before having dinner tonight. Julia and Greg, our wonderful hosts for this weekend... Popa Fett... I was pretty hungry at this time. My ghost was too. Group shot...
Right back at you...
We enjoyed some of Julia and Greg's homemade wine. Tamara feeling a little tired... Nicholas not being serious... That's better. Fatty and Popa Fett... Posing with Tamara...
Nicholas and Tamara...
Ed Creeper! Julia and I posing with Little Annie... I liked this little girl! Dinner is served! Julia and Greg... For dessert, Julia baked an apple pie made up of apples from their own trees! Simply delicious! Add the custard. Annie in scavenger mode... I like this dog! You're looking at a well-fed human male. Tamara and Lila cleaned the dishes. Annie knew exactly were to stay to keep warm. What's Nicholas up to? Getting ready for an evening walk outside. We walked over to Port Washington first. There's remnants of Nicholas' ghost in this photo.
The dock's light provided a little fun for our cameras. Lila and I heading down... This group of kids looks like they're up to no good. Nothing but punks, I tell you! Enjoying some refreshments... See... What did I tell you about the light? Strikin' a pose... Popa Fat's album cover... This tugboat reminded us of "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". It was time for a little improv performance from each of us. I think Fatty was portraying a pimp in this one. Nicholas played a john. The girls dancing to surround sound music from the brothers' iPhones...  Nicholas was able to synchronize the two separate phones into playing the same song. We chilled at a nearby beach. Literally... It was fucken cold tonight! Getting tired now... "I don't know why I drink, but I just do." Stupid weather! Thanks to Fatty, I was able to add some more photos to my blog this weekend. I wasn't the only photographer on this trip. Nicholas was able to get Jeff on his phone to say our farewells. We finally returned to the house, But we had to sneak it. "Ssshhh...  Be very quiet."
Poor Lila...  After being all quiet inside the house, she slipped on one of the steps going downstairs and made a pretty good raucous as she slid down the rest of the stairs as if it were a slide on a playground.  LOL!!!

No comments: