Sunday 19 April 2009

Orthodox Easter Weekend (Day 2)

"Good morning, Nicholas!" Lila with freshly applied silver cream... Oh, the flash from my camera was too bright for Cooner. Without flash now... We all slept over at Nicholas and Tamara's house. Here we are watching "Bolt". Shortly after, we went out for breakfast at Ricky's. Don't keep Tamara waiting. She's hungry! Lila and Fatty waiting to be seated... Lila, my model... Some shots of Lila and me now... Tamara playing a driving game on my iPhone... LOL! Fatty posing for Lila... Bring on the food! Group shot... My Waffle Big Breakfast! After we finished eating, we drove over to Dr. Nick's clinic! Fatty used to live here. I came here a few years ago, but I never carried a camera back then. I remember watching a foal trot around here. It was Lila's first time getting this close to a horse, so she was a little scared. Not Cooner though, he get right in there to greet the ponies. I think the little one liked him. See? Fatty gave a few kisses. Some more sniff sniff... Fucken so cute!!! Suzy finally met us! Actually, the whole reason we were here was because Dr. Nick needed Nicholas to shoe one of his horses. But Nicholas forgot to bring his propane tank, so he was unable to get any work done. I liked this white pony. A mini-Shadowfax! I liked the little one too! So damn friendly! Dr. Kleider with his sons behind him going out to retrieve the horses... Suzy and Cooner chill out here regularly. Lila and Tamara... Lila heading behind the fence as the horses approached... "Bring 'em in boys!" Here they come! "Ram, Ram, Ram!!!" Augit and Pi... These two just kept following the older horses! I was just in awe. Augit was looking at me. See? They're very friendly! This is horseshit. Nicholas is a farrier and a bit of a horse whisperer. The white one is Dodger. That's Pi behind me. Nicholas took Tamara out for a ride on Dodger. Fatty rode Oscar. He slowly introduced Oscar to Lila. Tamara barebacking... That's pretty. Here come the other two again. They would never stray. Lila's turn now! First time meeting a horse... First time touching a horse... First time riding a horse! I had a go on Oscar too! "Take my picture, Fatty!" Yeah, baby!!!Lila was a little scared,But looked good on Dodger! Posing with the Rohirrim: Oscar, Dodger, Pi, and the invisible Augit. Apparently, Dodger is protective of Oscar according to Dr. Nick. He always stays in between Oscar and the young horses! I began to notice it after he pointed that out. I think Pi liked me or something. He kept whispering sweet nothings in my ear! This was definitely the highlight of our day! Well, mine that's for sure. Dr. Kleider brought us some snacks. Crafties at the ranch... As Fatty described it. Just like being on set. Now, for a tour inside Dr. Kleider's work place. There's the big red operating table. Fatty demonstrating... Some pictures of Oscar jumping... Some more photos of Dr. Nick's in action... He actually did some stunt riding on "In the Name of the King"! "To be, or not to be?" Time to go. Awww... Suzy waited for his dad to come out. Popa Fett and Fatty kissed under the cow skull. The end of our ranch tour... So, if your horse needs help, check out Kleider Veterinary Services in Langley. "Bye!" "Come on, Cooner!" Look at the size of the meat Dr. Nick bought for us! Cooner and Suzy were a little tired when we arrived at the house. Oh, Suzy! When Sara arrived, I accompanied her and Elizabeth to Derby Reach to take the dogs for a walk. Kimmie! Scout! The sisters walking the trail... Scout's coat is similar to that of a cow's. We were all impressed by the behaviour of Cooner. He's such a cool cat! I played Scrabble with the two sisters! Tamara holding her baby... Remember, he doesn't shed. Scout looking all stoic... The "vegetarian nightmare"... Dr. Nick manned the barbecue and prepared a feast fit for kings... and queens.  Elizabeth and Sara also made an apple pie for dessert! This was Fatty's piece! Thank you Nick and Elizabeth for the good eats and for letting us hang out with your horses!!! I just loved it!!!

No comments: