Sunday 11 September 2011

BCSPCA Paws for a Cause

This morning, I went to Stanley Park for my first volunteer job with the BCSPCA!
They were holding the Paws for a Cause Walk & Run today at Lumberman's Arch!
Whoa, there's an Orca swimming in the parking lot!
Catherine and I were assigned to give directions to those arriving here by car.
And there they go!
There were so many dogs with their loving parents here!
Including Kelvin and Aiden!
The rest of us volunteers took this chance to grab some food before the crowd returned.
The BCSPCA provided each volunteer with a food and drink ticket for their services today!
We had some big doggies here!
Looks like the food line-up is starting to grow!
Kelvin and I went for a walk through all the tents with Aiden.
It was such a beautiful day for this event! Apparently last year it rained, so we were lucky this time.
Aiden was a happy camper.
Lilo was one of the few dogs up for adoption here! I think he found some parents today. :-)
So many dogs!!!
I was in Heaven!
Oh, here's the start of the Dog & Owner Look-a-like Contest.
This one garnered a big crowd.
Oh man, seeing all these dogs made me miss Monroe. :-(
I seriously thought the huge guy was going to win with his Boxer.
This girl was cute.
The whole time this was taking place, I never even noticed that the hostess was Randene Neill! I guess I was so distracted by all the K9s. LOL!
Oh, the blonde woman with the Papillon ended-up winning this event.
I just had to get a photo with Randene or else I'd never forgive myself. She just happens to be my favourite anchorwoman on GlobalBC and I made sure to tell her that. Definitely, the highlight of my day! ;-)
She's so awesome! I totally love her "Adopt a Pet" segments on Tuesday afternoon broadcasts. Especially, this one with Ginger the Pit Bull.
 Here's the full broadcast of that segment.

 http://adventuresofedrocker.blogspot.com/2009/08/ginger-loves-randene.html
Now, it was time for her to host the Bowl Licking Contest! A Puggle by the name of Preston was the overall winner in this event. He was such a fast eater, he beat the bigger dogs!  LOL!
Oh, who's this?!?
His name is Boomer and only a few weeks old!
This one is Buddy!
Kelvin and I finished our day with a meal at Salsa and Agave. I totally enjoyed volunteering for this event and I'm looking forward to doing it again next year! If you're interested, check out the BCSPCA website for volunteer sign-up.

http://www.spca.bc.ca/

No comments: