Thursday 3 December 2009

I Got My New Skates!!!

My brand new Nike Bauer One 75 Skates have arrived! Actually, they came yesterday, but nobody was home to accept delivery. Say, "Goodbye," to my old CCM 652 Tacks. And say, "Hello," to these bad boys! I still remember buying these skates back in '91. I walked into Cyclone Taylor Sports with a Pavel Bure photo in-hand and asked the salesperson for the skates that the Russian Rocket was wearing in the shot. He pointed out these CCM 652 Tacks and I immediately bought them. At first, my friends criticized me for my impulsive purchase, pointing-out that I couldn't even skate that well. 18 years later, my rash decision turned-out to be a wise investment. I learned how to skate better with this pair by practicing at Robson Square whenever I had free time. Eventually, these skates would carve ice at such places as: the Saddledome, Calgary's Olympic Plaza, Calgary's Olympic Oval, West Edmonton Mall's Ice Palace, Pacific Coliseum, GM Place, SM Mall of Asia, and Richmond's Olympic Oval! Sadly, these boots are starting to fall apart now, but they've served their purpose. It's time to break-in this new investment! I was able to save over $100 by purchasing them online! The stores here are a rip-off! The changing of the guard... After getting my skates sharpened and fitted, I made sure to christen them at Robson Square. Weekday mid-afternoons seem to be the best time to come here! Not crowded at all. It does feel a little weird skating with a new pair. I think a few more sessions should take care of it. Love the new skates though! On the way home, I spotted something familiar. It's almost like looking in the mirror. LOL!

No comments: