Tuesday 1 July 2014

Happy Canada Day!!!

So the Megatron had Gus today...
and I had the MOMMIETRON!  Haha!
Up on The Roof,
 we were at The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver for some lunch!
That's Robson Square down there!
Nice view from up here!
Bring on the grub!
When we were done, she asked me, "How come you didn't finish the butter?"  LOL, I guess she thinks I'm Homer Simpson!  ;-)
Time to check out all the festivities at Canada Place.
It was hella packed!
Where's MOMMIETRON?
"I'm here!" 
We had to navigate through this!
Oh look, it's the Love Boat!
We used to love that show!  (It's not the original ship though, the MS Pacific.)
Hey, that's Global BC News' Sonia Beeksma dropping a Mentos into a bottle of Diet Coke!
It erupted as expected.
Back to reporting she goes.
Oh fuck, here we go again!
I remembered there's underground route to the Vancouver Convention Centre, so we took it to avoid the crowd.  ;-)
"Honey, can you take a photo of me with North Vancouver in the background?" 
"Sure," I replied.
I used to work at the old convention centre in the late '80s.
Mom would drop me off and pick me up for every shift!
She took time to enjoy the view.
"They look like little worms down there!" she said.  "So many people and none of them know me?!?"
She's so used to bumping into a friend everyday I laughed and replied, "They're probably from the burbs."  ;-)
Oh, there goes the Love Boat!
The Pacific Princess is probably off to Alaska.
Checking out the largest ballroom here.
When we stepped outside, we saw the lovely Kristi Gordon!
She, Chris Gailus, and Squire Barnes were all here for a meet & greet with their fans before their on location newscast!
What a great crew!!!  :-)
I mistook this guy for Fatty!  LOL!  I know we haven't seen each other in awhile, but c'mon.  Haha!
The Popa Fatt have arrived!
Sally & Lila.
Let them eat Bellagio's Tiramisu!
When we got home, I watched the Global BC News Hour Final and saw us for a second on Aaron McArthur's segment!  LOL!
You can spot us at 00:23 in this video. Hehe...

Happy Canada Day Everyone!!!  :-)

No comments: