Tuesday 14 October 2008

Operation: EYE OF THE STORM (Day 9)

The day of dread had finally arrived. It was time for us to leave the beautiful British Virgin Islands. We definitely want to come back, but we want to take this boat out the next time! Most of the yachts returned to the harbour in anticipation of Hurricane Omar's arrival. I drank what was left of our Coke. I'm going to miss it here. I really loved sailing these islands! Captain Fatty cleaning up... Most of our group had to leave on an earlier flight. Only Jeff, Gavin, James, and I stayed at the port since we were catching a much later flight. As Fatty was leaving... We were chillin' with these Norwegians who took part in the 27th Annual Interline Regatta. They were here to represent the airline, Wideroe in the race. We called them "Team Viking". LOL!!! They were so cool! They offered us beer and gave Jeff and I some hats. Obviously, we exchanged contact information with them. As we waited for our shuttle to arrive, some babes on waves arrived next to us. Uhhh yeah... Next time, baby... Next time... Some more babes... The rest of eventually caught our flights back. We had an overnight layover in Miami, so Jeff rented a car and booked a hotel suite. He took us for an evening tour of South Beach, but I didn't bring my camera because it was dark and I knew it's limits. Big thanks to Flex for driving us around!!! On the way to Seattle, I snapped shots of these mountains. They look like dormant volcanoes! This marked the end of our adventure at the British Virgin Islands. I'm sure we all have great memories of this trip, but I can't wait to do it again next year! This time I want to enter a regatta and kick some ass!!! It's such a great place with friendly people. I highly recommend visiting these islands. It's an experience you'll never forget. Honestly, I get sad looking at these past photos because I wish I was still there. Big thanks to the Kleider Brothers for organizing this getaway!!! Operation: EYE OF THE STORM (Mission Accomplished)

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.