Friday 5 March 2010

Cycling in Richmond

Thought I'd go for a bike ride today since the weather was so nice. Man, the blossoms are so pretty in our neighbourhood! I wanted to ride over the Canada Line's bridge to Richmond. It's got a nice wide path. A nice view too! Enter MOMO. On the Bridgeport Road Bridge... Posing with my ride... I rode to the end of one of YVR's landing strips to watch the planes come in. Reminds me of "Wayne's World". Here comes another one. I wasn't the only one here. It's very scenic here. Beneath Bridgeport Road... Whoa! Check it out, it's a hovercraft! That's the Richmond Olympic Oval! You don't see this everyday. The view from the No. 2 Road Bridge... Underneath the bridge... I wanted to take a closer look at the hovercraft. I had no idea what they were doing, but I was still impressed by the ship. It's so sad. They're dismantling all the Olympic decorations. I love how it was nicknamed 'The ROO'. I rode further down the path and came across this Inukshuk. It's good to be riding again. The sun was on it's way down. There goes another plane. MOMO... I think this is a sculpture of a Canadian Goose. This was one noisy duck. Back over the bridge... It's neat how the train is so close overhead. I have returned.

No comments: