Saturday 27 March 2010

Playing in the Garage!!!

'Excited' is hardly the word I would choose for what we were feeling this morning! Rich and Pauline picked me up to go play hockey at GM Place! "Let's do this!" The Vancouver Canucks' Wall of Fame! One of our city's heroes... The other side of the hallway... Whoa! What do we have here?
This was the corridor towards the Canucks locker room! At first when I saw these sticks, I thought they were just on display. Then I realized, that's where the Canucks place their sticks. We weren't supposed to be in this area, but one of the trainers let me take a few more pictures before getting kicked out.They should go back to the 'skate' logo. The team went to 2 Stanley Cup Finals wearing it! Just don't use the 'flying V' sweaters. Our new sheet of ice... This was my second time playing here, but I was still thrilled to be playing on NHL ice again. The 'Steamer'!!! My hero! Glen watches someone skating on our ice... I love the Olympic banners! There's Pauline, our main photographer for the day. Everyone was fucken excited! Tony and Rich talking to Stef's son behind the glass... Tony and Rich... From another angle now. That's Mikael Samuelsson! He was practicing with his trainer, but he's still on the injured reserve. Nonetheless, we were going crazy taking pictures of him. Rich and the ice... In the locker room with Terry... Rich all ready to suit-up... This is serious shit! I got my game face on. The dream locker stalls... Waiting in the tunnel... The best jerseys here!
Nick steps out... The march through the tunnel... Ready to step on to the ice... Here I go! "Yeah!!!" Warming-up... Stepping-out of the penalty box... "Stretch that shit, Rich!" George... Glen giving him a shove... "Game on!" On the bench... I'm in action! This was my only scoring chance for the day and I failed. LOL!
Rich stays on ice while I get off.
Rich in action... George and Tony on the bench... Behind Hans... George spots Pauline... Climbing back to the bench... Rich spots Pauline... George in action... "Get off your ass, Rich!" Jumping over the boards... Kurt and Rich... Mark and I look on... I was tired in the first half. Robbie in action... George and Rich look on... Here are a few screen captures from my other camera at the penalty box. There's Stef wearing the white Canucks jersey! He orchestrated this whole event for us! The poor guy got a speeding ticket on his way here though. Nick on the move... Terry between the posts... Jimmy... Paul... Me... Kurt... Rich looking good with his crossovers... Tony returns to the bench... Pauline's boots... I spotted Pauline. Retrieving my second camera... Jay... It was the end of our first half. Pauline knows how I think. I love it! Waiting for the ice to get cleaned... I love my 'BURE' jersey! Rich in waiting... Rich and George chillin' in the tunnel... Glen on the bench... The game's back on! Glen steps off... Rich and Glen on the ice... The boys in play...
Snapping shots of Rich...
The finished product, "Rich believes..." Group shots... Everyone had an awesome time this morning! We now disperse.
It doesn't have the same effect with all the people behind me. "I believe." Glen believes... Kurt believes... George believes... Rich's hockey card... Glen in motion... "I'm old now and I get tired." It feels good though. Our time on ice is finally over. Time to head back in. Rich and I just loved it! "Hi Honey!" Nick bids farewell... The reluctant return... Look what Rich's stomach suffered during the game! The result of his on-ice collision with York. Rich, George, and Glen after the game... I got into the picture eventually. Rich and the logo... George and Tony... Glen and the logo... My turn with the logo... Whatever... The film industry, Nick, Paul, and I... "Blue is the colour..." Our diligent photographer, Pauline... After the game, we went over to the Elephant Walk Pub for lunch. Steak Sandwich with Yam Fries for me!!!
Gratitude towards Stef for organizing this incredible experience!!!

2 comments:

Mr. Joi said...

Looks like fine fun my friend, who won the game though?

The EdRocker said...

I think Team White was the winner this time.