Friday 7 October 2011

2012 Canadian Tire NHL Junior Skills

I got up really early this morning because Caroline booked me to work the 2012 Canadian Tire NHL Junior Skills!
The KaiZen Creative Group was put into action at the Canlan Ice Sports North Shore.
Here are some familiar faces from work: Ed, Paul, and Peter!
All of us Ice Ambassadors were dressed in red.
I felt like I was dreaming when I shared the dressing room with Vancouver Canucks Alumni: Dave Babych, Garth Butcher, and Cliff Ronning!!!
UBCP in the house!
I wasn't the only one excited today!
These bunch of kids were raring to go!
Our skills stations all set-up...
Babych talks to the kids...
Oh, and there's Garry Valk beside Babych!
It's time to get started!
Our team leader, Chris gives the kids one last pep talk...
This was my station, Puck Control.
I tried this out too. ;-)
Pass Accuracy...
Shot Accuracy...
And finally, Fastest Skater...
I checked the other rink to see how they were doing.
Cliff talks to our second group of kids...
During a break, a got a photo with Dave Babych! He's still a part of the Vancouver Canucks organization in Player Development.
Cliff Ronning! Cliff owns Base Hockey, a business which creates the perfect stick for a hockey player.
Garth Butcher! Butcher stays busy managing the various pubs and restaurants he owns back East.
And finally, Garry Valk! We still see this guy on Sportsnet providing sports analysis.
Coach Chris Hall runs a hockey training school out in Southampton, Ontario.
Fellow BGers: Peter, Caroline, and me!
Now, this was one lucky kid. He was the only player that arrived during our walk-in session!
He basically had himself a private session with all these former NHLers!
What a dream come true!
Look what I got, an autographed card by all the alumni! Actually, we all got one. LOL!
The KaiZen Creative Group's Cool Team...
One last group shot, but with the Vancouver Canucks Alumni...

This truly was an awesome experience! Working side by side with my hockey heroes was like a dream come true!!!

Big thanks to Caroline and the KaiZen Creative Group for this assignment!!! Gratitude to Ed for providing transport!!!
After work, I went by Heather's Luggage Repair to pick-up my bags.
A month ago, I emailed Heys about the badges being pried-off my two bags, so they directed me to this repair shop.
They were able to reinstall the badges on my two-piece luggage set!
And they did it for...

Big thanks to Heys and to Heather's Luggage Repair for a job well done!!!
In the evening, it was time for Friday Night Lights with Vin!
We all loved Rich's Dallas Stars jersey!
And here's Jay!
Mikey on the bench with York and Glen...
It's Jay again!
My new stick deserved a kiss because it was hot tonight! I bagged 2 goals and got 3 assists with my new weapon!!!

No comments: