Sunday 23 October 2011

So Sunny!!!

 The weather was perfect for walking today!
 False Creek was looking extra scenic this afternoon.

 Looks like the renovations on Science World are almost done.
 I walked over to the Olympic Village after my workout.
Fatty and Lila decided to meet me at...
 Terra Breads Cafe.
 They've got a new location here!
Brunch with Popa Fatt...
 I ordered a Brownie, a Mocha, and...
 a Pulled-Pork Panini Sandwich!
 Yeah, I was pretty hungry.
 I like this place.
 We also stopped by the slowest Tim Hortons location (False Creek Auto Mall) ever!  LOL!
 Well, here we are at the Rocky Mountaineer Station.
What are all these bikes here for?
 For this, the Red Bull Mini Drome Competition!
 There was a good turnout of competitors and spectators here.

 The track sure is minuscule!
 Look at this guy go!

 Here are a few photos of some bikes I found interesting.
 This one had a belt drive!

 Hey, this one's a Fuji!
 Cool, a bike trainer.
 This poor guy couldn't get it up.  :-(
 The qualifying heats continue...

 What do we have here?!?
 A cute doggie?!?
It's a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever and he's only 10 1/2 weeks old!
He was watching the bikes go by too.
 These riders were pretty skilled to take on these corners.
 Look how steep this thing is!
 There was a good share of wipeouts this afternoon.  :-(
 I took a few more shots of the bikes here before we left.


 All black looks pretty good.
 Awww, there's that little guy again!  :-)
We walked back to False Creek and the Popa Fatt showed me around the man-made island.
I didn't know it was open to the public.

It'd be interesting to visit this place during high tide.
Oh boy, I met another doggie at Granville Island!
"I love doggie!  Doggie, doggie, doggie!"
Is that Doctor Peepee?!?  LOL!
Posing with my former Killarney classmate, Michelle Vulama...  She's has a kiosk of her impressive artwork at the Public Market!
Mmmmnnn...  Pain Au Chocolate and a Mocha with live music...
Enter Lila!
Later in the evening, we watched "Real Steel".  It was surprisingly good and way better than the last couple "Transformers" movies!
Thanks for chillin' today Popa Fatt!!!

No comments: