Thursday 1 March 2007

Sweet Potato Fries, Baby!!!

This side dish has become very popular at restaurants, so lately I've been visiting local eateries to try their versions. The best Sweet Potato Fries I've tried so far has been the one served at Joe Fortes Seafood & Chophouse, located at 777 Thurlow Street (between Robson Street & Alberni Street) in downtown Vancouver. Surprisingly, being a higher-end restaurant in the city, they charge the least for their fries ($5) and they give the largest serving. I've been to many places where the servers rave about their version of the dish, only to be disappointed when I compare it to that of Joe's. These restaurants would charge more for smaller portions of these fries and they would actually be quite bland in flavour, which really gets me pissed off. Anyways, going back to Joe Fortes, I also enjoy their Blue Plate Specials ($10 lunch dishes from Monday to Friday), an excellent value for the portions you get, they're huge! The staff at Joe's is always friendly and their service is impeccable, which has made Joe Fortes Seafood & Chophouse a top favorite of mine. I just love bringing my mom and friends there, and to think, it all started with the Sweet Potato Fries!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

$5 bucks for that!! mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fatty said...

hey Rocker, how come U never told me about this before..........

Anonymous said...

yammy yammy

Anonymous said...

anybody knows a place in makati where they serve those big-a** fries?