Monday 3 August 2009

Stawamus Chief Park

I met-up with Tara and Todd at the busy SeaBus terminal this morning. We were off to meet Julia on the other side, so we could drive to the Stawamus Chief Park! Driving on the Sea to Sky Highway... Checking out the map... We decided to do the second peak. PBO on the rope... Here we go! Todd thought he'd take a crack at this hill. There goes the "Dagger of Kamui". "The hills are alive... with the sound of music." Pose down... Julia and Todd standing on a rock... Tara looks on... "Get off that edge, Julia!" Our first group shot... Todd described the look of my belly as a termite infested piece of wood. Man, where did my washboard stomach go? On our way to the second peak... Finally on top! Awesome view from up here! You could see all of Squamish from up here. EdRocker at the edge... Incoming chipmunk! So cute! There were a few of them. Todd on top... "Drago!" Some more group shots... It's beautiful up here! The Nasus live somewhere over there. Time to go down. Say, "goodbye," to the Chief. I think I enjoyed hiking the Lions more, but it's been awhile. Maybe, it'll be like going back to Disneyland in my senior year of high school, a disappointment because everything seemed so small. I may have built-up my experience of doing the Lions throughout the years. I'm hoping we could try that hike before summer's end, so I can know for sure. I saw these Westies when we stopped by the city centre. This was our last stop, Alice Lake Park. I just went in for a little dip, but the others stayed in longer. Julia actually swam across the lake twice! Sleeping time for Tara... This one is for Jason's album. LOL! Thanks for the ride, Julia!!!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Bryan and I did the Chief when we first started dating. It was a nightmare! I thought I was going to die because I was not in very good shape.. sure I looked good (lol) but my heart was so out of it due to NO CARDIO EVER! I was texting my Mom telling her to send a helicopter to please save me. Once we got to the first peak and I saw we had to climb up using a chain I said "Forget it!" So Bryan and his best friend went up, and the girlfriend of the best friend sat and waited with me. It was the first time her and I had met, and low and behold - 2 years later she would be one of my bridesmaids! She ended up telling the story of that day. It made for some good laughs and stories! Maybe I will try it again sometime and conquer it :)

The EdRocker said...

Awww, Stacie... You remind me of my friend when I hiked the Lions for the first time. It was his second time and his goal was to make it to the peak because on his first attempt, he got scared and turned back. When it came time for us to scale the West Lion, he got scared again, so I had to go to the top by myself. The view was awesome and I yelled, "DRAGO!" (That's what Rocky cried out in his fourth movie when he climbed a mountain. LOL!)

Go back to the Chief, Stacie and conquer that piece of shit! Actually, maybe practice on some indoor climbing facility first. That way you'll get used to the repelling part. I was channeling Spiderman and Batman when I did it. LOL!