Wednesday 6 April 2011

Chera's Going Away

The snowcapped mountains behind the downtown core looked especially fake today! LOL! I just wished I had a better vantage point. Tonight, a bunch of us went over to the Veterans Club for Chera's going away party! Wednesdays are karaoke nights here! :-) I still couldn't get over those mountains! Bye-bye Chera. She's leaving for Uganda a week from now. :-( We got here early too make sure we'd have some seats and so we could sing. Chera in between Jeff and Voula... The Douglas College classmates... I followed Chera around with my camera. ;-) I got a chance to sing this time! The line-up to sing gets pretty long at this place, so you have to submit your request really early! I actually got to sing twice! Recreation Therapists R Us... Add Shayna... and Catherine. Erin got one in too! See? It started to get packed in here! For her rendition of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'", Erin got a free beer! As our friends started to leave, we grabbed a few more photos. "Someone brought a beach ball to the party!" Without flash... and with, plus a girl named 'Teal'! I too got a free beer for my second performance. I sang "Tarzan Boy". LOL! I kept telling Kenji and Brenda that I thought this girl, Teal was a lot of fun. And she was! LOL! Because Erin left, Kevin became her proxy for a duet performance with Chera! They sang "You Give Love a Bad Name". Oh, our baby is all grown-up... and she's leaving us for 3 1/2 months. (Sniff, sniff...) Don't mess with our girl or the Baldies will have something to say about it!!!
Please take care and have a fun trip, Chera.
We'll miss you!!!

No comments: