Friday 8 April 2011

Laughing Out Loud

I left home super early this morning and drove-up to Whistler for work!I got booked to work on a new French-Canadian TV series today. Now, this was the exciting part of the booking, a helicopter ride to the top of a glacier! The view from Blackcomb Aviation's helipad... We all had to get a safety speech about the helicopters. I still couldn't believe this was happening. This was one of the older rides. This pilot was funny. Orientation done. I (ShowBiz Management) get to ride in the red one! Comprendez-vous? I would have worked this day for free just for the helicopter ride alone, but of course I didn't want to tell anyone that. ;-) Time to board! Ready to rock! And here we go! Here I (ShowBiz Management) am with the only other extra, Jason (In-Motion). Posing with Natalie... Now, I know how Leah Holiove feels when she's working. The view was so awesome! I've done some cool things for work, but this one takes the cake! Approaching our destination, Rainbow Mountain! The weather was perfect too! There goes our ride. Once we arrived, I couldn't stop taking photos of the scenery here! I was trying to find the beacons of Gondor. I'm (ShowBiz Management) here! Here! And here! More people arriving... It was pretty cold this morning! One of the Production Assistants made some designs in the snow. LOL! I (ShowBiz Management) wanted to keep this toque, but it was a wardrobe rental. I made this snow angel. Of course, I (ShowBiz Management) brought my Ninjaclava. See, I couldn't stop taking photos! As the sun came out, it started to get warmer. Blackcomb Mountain is to the right of this photo! The view from holding... Crafty... Just maxin' & relaxin'... I can see the set from here! I had a lot of downtime, so I made an Inukshuk. Everyone loved it and took photos of my creation. :-) Lunchtime! Soaking in the sun... I (ShowBiz Management) felt like I working on Planet Hoth. The only thing lacking was a tauntaun. Don't eat yellow snow! ;-) It's like a painting! Someone's making yellow snow in this photo. The cast and crew of "Laughing Out Loud"... I actually took their photos, but with a Canon 7D. Time to earn my money. I (ShowBiz Management) was booked as a Sherpa. Here are the props people loading me up. "Hey, no problem." They wanted add more stuff on me. Jason didn't even get to work. "We need to put more!" they said. "Can you handle it, Edwin?" they asked. I responded, "Fuck yeah! I've been working-out!" I (ShowBiz Management) enjoyed working on this production. They let me (ShowBiz Management) take so many photos on set! "Let's shoot this!" Just 2 takes and my scene was done! I walked around some more and took shots of the incoming overcast. When the sky starts to look like that, it usually means it's time to get off this mountain. It becomes too dangerous for helicopters to fly in such conditions. The crew began to call for an evac. They tried to shoot as much as the could before going back down. There's the two actors on the bottom left. One of the make-up artists pointed-out that the top of my Inukshuk looked like a heart! Here comes our first transport! Grabbing a few more shots before we go... Here comes my ride! "Hurry! Run! Get to the choppah!!!" It's a little older, but it seats more passengers and has a larger cargo hold. "All aboard!" We outta here! Heading back down... That shuts the door on this adventure. It certainly was an awesome experience! Until now, I had never ridden in a helicopter. I can honestly say I've done it twice now! I totally enjoyed working with the cast and crew of this production and I wish them all the best.
Big thanks to ShowBiz Management and to Laurie Pavon Solis for this booking!!!
Production: "Laughing Out Loud".
Type of Call: 2 Background.
Length of Call: 9 hours.
After I got wrapped, I drove down to Squamish to pay a visit to the Nasus! Evan and Mariza are getting big! Mike cooked us some dinner! Natasha cleaned the dishes. I love coming to this place because I always get some booty! LOL! Dinner is served. Mike and I also went over to Sushi Sen for more food! It's been said that this restaurant serves some of the best sushi in town. I totally concur. The service is really good too! :-)
Gratitude to Mike for dinner!!! This was the Hyundai Elantra I rented from Alamo. I booked it just for today's job through Priceline.com for $19.15 and paid $32.87 for gas.
What a fun day this was!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow what a day!!!! I love the inukshuk you built :D And talk about loading you up as a sherpa hahaha did you fall over? :P

I'm so glad you got to go in a helicopter, you rock star you.

The EdRocker said...

I never even complained. The crew kept saying I had a lot of courage. LOL! The director couldn't stop thanking me personally!

Party Like a Rockstar, Baby!!!