Sunday 3 July 2011

It's My Birthday!!!

Commence Operation: Freebie! You'd be surprised at how many places in the city offer discounts and freebies on your birthday! Vera's Burger Shack gave me a $10 coupon to use for today! I ended-up paying only $3.67 for this meal! When I arrived downtown, I was surprised to see these tables and chairs all set-up on Granville Street. It's part of the 'Viva Vancouver' Program! I worked-out and then met-up with Fatty to go to... the Greek Summer Festival! Thanks to Todd and Tara, I got to eat some Loukoumades! Marie and Simon... The only Greek in our group, Nick... Fatty... Big thanks to Louisa for buying me a Bougatsa! The group shot before we all went our separate ways...
Thanks, you guys!!! Fatty and I went by a Blenz Coffee when we got back downtown. That's what I was pointing at. Fatty noticed each person is riding the same bicycle in this painting. LOL! As long as it's your birthday, any medium-sized drink on their menu is free! Most locations honour the offer except for the one in Yaletown. When Fatty went to work, I met-up with Marife and we drove over to the Naam. The birthday offer here is your age as a percentage for the discount! Their Fettuccini Supremo smelt good and tasted great!
Thanks Marife!!! Thanks for the mosaic, Fatty!!!
Operation: Freebie still ongoing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BRO.

Hope you had a fantastic dayyy!
p.s a percentage discount for your age eh? So you got 40% off then? hehehe.

The EdRocker said...

Thanks Badger! By the way, it was a 39% discount. ;-)

The EdRocker said...

Thanks Al! I think I was 34, but turning 35 that year.