Saturday 26 March 2011

This is How I Shop

This morning, I picked-up my rental car from Alamo which I booked through Priceline.com. I paid $20.56 CAD taxes-in for the day. Then I drove down and crossed the border to Point Roberts, Washington to retrieve a package which I had sent to the Letter Carrier. Last Monday, I ordered an Easton Stealth S19 Z-Shock Hockey Helmet and an Oakley Hockey Visor through IceWarehouse.com for $199.98 USD. They didn't even charge me tax! I qualified for the website's free 2-day delivery offer because my order was over $199 USD, so I had it sent to the Letter Carrier's US mailing address. I just paid the Letter Carrier $3 USD for using their service. When I crossed the border back into Canada, I declared everything and they just let me pass through! If I bought this in Canada, I would have had to pay $268.78 CAD! It's quite the savings, especially when you take into account our higher Canadian Dollar. Bring on next season! Look, I found another old name tag of mine! I ended-off my day by going to Troy's place to pick-up my Raptors patch!
Big thanks to Dana Gasser and to Troy!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe so sneaky! love it.

The EdRocker said...

Me too!