Sunday 20 April 2014

Fan Expo 2014

I went over to the Vancouver Convention Centre this morning to meet...
Mitchell!
He texted me the day before to see if I was going to the Fan Expo.  I've never attended one, so I thought, "Sure!  Why not?"
There were Ghostbusters!
I freed R2-D2 by removing his restraining bolt.
See?  Now, he was able to hang-out with Mitchell.
Hmmm, a blaster or a lightsaber?
This event has grown so much in the past few years!
This was the artists section.

"I'm sending my apprentice Darth Maul to join you."
Now, I'm the Master Chief!  
Toy Traders from Langley had the largest and most impressive display amongst all the merchants!
Not only is Brady Roberts a fitness trainer at the Steve Nash Sports Club, he also moonlights as Nightwing!  Check out his webseries here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxsG1ikKgas
Mitch and I were hungry, so we went across to Cactus Club for a bite to eat.
Ha, we bumped into Broadus here!
After our lunch, we went back to watch Bruce Campbell!
This guy just bleeds charisma.  ;-)
We finally got a photo with the Star Wars peeps!
Oh shit, it's Storm Shadow!
I also spotted the Night's Watch!
I don't know who these girls were supposed to be,
but I preferred the view from behind way more!  ;-)
Oh, here's Artoo again!
This Playboy Bunny was super hot!
Look at this, it's Princess Mononoke and Fatty!  He's always been a fan of that movie.
It's a Velociraptor!
Again, I don't who this girl is supposed to be, but I had to get a photo with her.  Hehe...
Ohhh, the Street Judges!

This event was fun, so I'll probably attend next year as well!  :-)
The CRAFT Beer Market...  Don't even bother going to this place if you have a large dinner party or else you'll just get the runaround with their "no can do" seating policy!  
Poor Melody and I arrived 90 minutes early to try and snag seats, but they just wouldn't allow it!  She even tried making a reservation for the 10 of us, days in advance and they never even replied!
So we just adapted and moved our group over to the Tap & Barrel instead.  ;-)
Martina and Jody.
Todd and Christine.
Science Officer Jody and Security Officer Edwin.  ;-)
We had a good group tonight and a better view of False Creek from here!
Big thanks to Melody for organizing this event!!!  :-)

No comments: