Tuesday 2 February 2010

California Trip (Day 11)

"Good afternoon Edwina." Edwina's hood... We went out for brunch at Toast Bakery Cafe! I was so excited to come here because it was featured in a couple episodes of "The Hills". The Eds like this place. We both ordered their Eggs Florentine, but I had Cottage Cheese as my side dish. Edwina had her's with Potatoes. I loved the way they prepared the Spinach. It reminded me of the way Oma used to cook it. The desserts are in the bag! It was so busy here! It's a good looking joint with good food. After we were done eating, Ed and I drove to the LAX Firing Range. We both have never been here before. As we were signing-in, the attendant looked at our IDs and asked, "Edwin and Edwina?" Here goes Edwina at her first attempt to shoot a gun! It's always scary at first, but you get used to it. They have a nice clean facility here. "You load that weapon, Edwina." We shared the Glock 17. It's your basic 9mm handgun. On my last bunch of rounds, I aimed for the head. I was satisfied with my grouping. I let Edwina finished off her own target in the end. My shoulder holster is for my camera, not a gun. Who wants to mess with this biatch now? "I feel confident in handling a firearm now," said Edwina. Back at Ed's house eating some Red Velvet Cupcakes that we bought from Toast... Eddie pointed out that when you step out of her house, you can see the Hollywood Sign in the distance. You'll have to click to enlarge this photo to see it. My street pose... Edwina on Melrose Avenue... When we shopped at this shoe store, Sportie LA, we found out one of the salesmen had a familiar name! Edwin, Edwina, and Edwin!!! In the evening, Edwina brought me to Bossa Nova for dinner. Nice artwork on the walls here. The food here... was fucken awesome!!! After dinner, Ed took me to Millions of Milkshakes. She bought me the Kardashian Shake. Apparently, a lot of celebrities frequent this establishment and some even go behind the counter to make and serve milkshakes for customers! Finally, we went over to Big Wangs for some karaoke! This was another venue that was featured in "The Hills". I see legs! I like this place already. It's pretty much a sports bar in here. The hostess was a PBO and she could sing! Edwina and Dino... It was Dino who advised us to come here tonight. PBO in a black dress... Her name is Shannon and she was celebrating her 'going away' party. She's moving to Chicago to be with her family. This guy was celebrating his birthday. Shannon looked hot her black dress! I just couldn't stop taking photos of her. Dino was reflecting. This girl was good. This guy was good too. This singer was really good! Even one of the workers here was a good singer. The adoring audience... "Oh my God, that's Jai Rodriguez on the microphone and David Hernandez on the right!" A lot of the singers here were awesome, but I only took this shot because of Shannon's legs. Dino was another good singer tonight. Edwina sang too, but the photo I took of her sucked. This guy was alright. The veejay had a crush on Edwina, so he bought her a rose. Shannon got serenaded by the dude. I finally got a photo with Jai! I told him that I watched him perform in Vancouver almost 14 years ago when he protrayed Angel in the musical, "RENT". This guy was cool enough to indulge my request. Oh yeah, it was my turn to sing. It took awhile because apparently you can tip the hostess to bypass the singers' line-up and a lot of people were doing just that. I'm just too cheap to do that. Dino took these shots of Ed and I with the hostess and the veejay. They were an entertaining crew with a good selection of songs. Edwina wanted a shot with Jai too and she got it. Edwina met another friend here, Mike. Thanks to him, I got a photo with... Shannon!!! This karaoke night was fucken awesome! I'll never forget it. I had so much fun that when we got back to Ed's pad, I couldn't sleep properly because I kept reliving the moment. Big thanks to Dino for suggesting this place and to Edwina for taking me here!!!

No comments: