Thursday 11 February 2010

The Torch Passes by the Hood

As I was watching the news this afternoon, I realized the Olympic Torch Relay was passing through our neighbourhood in few minutes! I quickly grabbed the MOMMIETRON and we walked down to the intersection of East 41st Avenue & Victoria Drive. A lot of other people had the same idea! The motorcade had finally arrived. Everyone was excited. The rolling roadblock... Almost here. We can see some official vehicles approaching. Everyone began to pile-up in the streets. Then the police came and cleared them all out. People lined the street all the way down! Ooohhh... here it is!!! So cool to see in person. I love watching the Olympics, but honestly, I haven't been too keen on the games being in my city, especially with all the controversy surrounding the event. I have to admit though, as short as this passing moment was, it was exciting! The MOMMIETRON and I had fun seeing the flame go by!!!Here's a little video I put together.