Saturday 4 June 2011

Working the Canucks Game

On the way to work today, I ran into Bobbi-Rae! Check out the replica Stanley Cup riding in the back of that pick-up. LOL! They've got quite the street party going on by Rogers Arena! Once again, a lot of people were dressed like Brynn today. ;-) We finally entered the arena. The place was looking pretty impressive with all the towels laid out on every seat. It's been awhile since I last worked for the KaiZen Creative Group, but with the opportunity to be this close to a Stanley Cup Finals game, I just couldn't pass it up! Jaclyn, Meghan, and Kathy were all working with me. It was a pleasure working with these girls! We were all in awe of the arena. I just couldn't stop taking photos. Seriously, that looks cool! They're just missing one banner. ;-) Towel Power!!! I could use this jersey! It was time to get to work! Our job was to hand-out Upper Deck trading cards to all the ticket holders that arrived at our assigned gate. The job was so easy and it was pretty fun! After we were done, we got a chance to watch the opening ceremony! We were all excited! The place went nuts when Mark Donnelly began to sing our national anthem! Honestly, the atmosphere in here was nothing short of electrifying! I'm so glad I took this assignment and thankful to Tina for referring me. Game on!!! It's been awhile since I last watched a game here. Where's my main man, Lucic?!? It certainly was an awesome experience!
Gratitude to Tina for the hook-up!!! After work, I made my way over to Granville Street. It was crazy out here too! I decided to see Fatty at the Roxy. I ended-up watching the rest of the game here. Eventually, the numbnuts won in overtime and everyone spilled out into the streets. It's a shame I don't follow this team anymore because it would have been nice to share in the jubilation. It's still quite the sight though. PBO spotted! Nice legs! It's almost like the Olympics of 2010. Almost... Robson Street was busy too! I just had to get out of here. Hey look, I bumped into Shaun! I think he's a fan because he's dressed like Brynn. LOL!

No comments: