Tuesday 9 August 2011

Organic Motion (Day 2)

It was the first day of SIGGRAPH 2011 in Vancouver, BC! I was surprised to see that they had free Coffee & Pastries here for all the exhibitors! Oh wow, here's our booth all done-up! And that's MPC, Elizabeth's husband's employer! It was cool to see all the exhibits up and running. It quickly got busy as more and more guests arrived! I can honestly say I've never been to one of these events before. I was pretty excited about receiving this assignment. This is Ava, working for the competition. She's has to wear this outfit for the entire convention. Actually, she's the one who suggested I turn on the flash for this photo. :-) I had many opportunities to walk around this place and I tried to get as many freebies as I could from all the different stands. ;-) Oh, wow! Look at all these artists racing against each other. I continued my hunt for some swag. Hey, this is the company that makes Fatty's Cintiq. Oh, another competitor. They all have to wear a cumbersome tracking suit which kind of sucks. Fatty?!? Here's Adrianna modelling my bag full of freebies with Marlene. Marlene in action... So packed now! "You're telling me this figure was made by a 3D printer!?!" Honestly, it's incredible what they can create! Time for me to get to work. There's a good view of Canada Place from here! I like this place. A blast from the past... On the way out, I bumped into Helen on the Skytrain! I haven't seen this girl in almost a decade! She's a chef extraordinaire these days.
Now, go make me a sandwich! ;-) After work, I met-up with Todd and Tara at Milestones for dinner. I ordered their Grilled Chicken Pesto Fettucini and Todd got the Wild Pacific Coho Salmon. Tara had the Chicken Masala. This has always been my 'go to' dish at this restaurant chain and it has never failed to satisfy! I just love it! Key Lime Pie for my dessert... and the Ibarra Chocolate Cake for the sweethearts. After dinner, Todd and I continued on to watch "Captain America: The First Avenger". It was pretty entertaining! Chris Evans bulked-up for the part, but Hayley Atwell's huge rack stole the show. ;-)
Thanks for coming out, you two!!!

No comments: