Saturday 13 August 2011

Whistler & Back

Philippe from the Organic Motion crew decided to stay in the city for a couple more days to do some hiking. He invited me along for a trip to Whistler... and to hike Garibaldi Lake! I've only done this hike one other time, so I was happy to tag along. This photo doesn't do the rock formations any justice. :-( This was just the first view point. Panning... Couldn't stay in one spot to long or else the mosquitoes would have had a feast! We encountered a large pond along the way. It's pretty! Oh wow, a waterfall! Looking down... We finally reached the lake! It was time for some grub. Philippe had the great idea to shop for some food to bring up to the lake!
Here's a video of me feeding a Whiskey Jack! They got a little too comfortable with us and wouldn't stop raiding our table for food! LOL!
Some more panning... Philippe and I posed for one last shot before we headed back down. It started to get a little busy on this trail. The water was so blue! A log peeking-out... After our hike, we walked around Whistler Village. LOL! I bumped into Colin! :-) Time for a pose down! "New York is over there!"
Bon voyage Philippe!!! LOL! Looks like my Nikes didn't appreciate the hike much. ;-) Later in the evening, I met-up with Rich at Chambar. Look what my beer came in! It's nice here, but we decided to get something to eat elsewhere. We decided on Nicli Antica for some pizza! This is the best time to come, one hour before closing. ;-) Oh man, this was their Callebaut Chocolate Mousse with Warm Cherries! So awesome! Our last stop of the night, the Roxy where I bumped into Ava and Tina! Ava was the girl wearing a motion tracking suit with all the dots on her face at SIGGRAPH 2011! LOL! https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjJh7qt4DbigGBNffyNa0Qe4oaU6PJGtMBcUfesquSS9D-yyS29I2OhxQT7DLYIuRoL80iCACl2UsOevotU_aH_DRcdIhM33m3BaBYSy_RZYX_GVO6Ubc0PMYqQq7gtE-Krq6DxCFRwFi7h/s1600/IMG_4967.JPG I should visit Fatty more often here. ;-) Angie was having her stagette tonight. So, I guess Rich and I crashed it. LOL!

No comments: