Thursday 11 August 2011

Organic Motion (Day 4)

Well, it was our last day of SIGGRAPH 2011, so I decided to take more shots of Adrianna today because she'd been using her Blackberry the whole time to take photos. That's ballet, baby!

Organic Motion - Siggraph 2011 from 3DTotal.com on Vimeo.

Here's a video of us in action while Andrew was getting interviewed. Stick People never looked so good. ;-) Tobias presenting... Keep an eye out for Marlene. She booked a small acting role on "Fringe"! It was the girls' turn up on stage. Cue the sword fighting! Nothing draws a crowd like two babes fighting. ;-) I love the new Vancouver Convention Centre! See? It's so beautiful here! Psycho Mantis, made by a 3D Printer! I had to go back and take a better shot of this warrior. Just love the detail! Apparently, this was the first place winner in a previous contest! Ava's booty in action... ;-) Now, this really caught my attention. I was always hearing some "Star Wars" sound effects in the vicinity while we worked, but I didn't know where it was coming from until now. This programmer created this game to showcase their interactive touchscreen monitors. Of course, I just had to try it out for myself. ;-) Awww, this was the last presentation of the day. :-( Organic Motion got such a great spot for their exhibit. You could spot them from a good way's out! "Dance, baby! Dance!" Doing the wave... Since our day was done, Philippe, Brandon, and Tobias decided to get in on the action! The software was able to track them all! LOL! They look like a musical production. That's all she wrote for SIGGRAPH 2011. I'm actually going to miss it. :-( After work and running a few errands, I went down to Waterfront Yoga at Canada Place! I had missed the previous couple of classes, so it was nice to be back. Plus, it was sunny today! Later in the evening, I went down to the Blue Water Cafe + Raw Bar to meet the Organic Motion people for dinner! I was excited because I've never been here before. It's nice inside! First, we ordered this Seafood Tower. It was fucken huge! Oysters! My Beef Tenderloin... Great presentation! Some of the guys had the Kobe Style Beef Short Ribs. The crew of Organic Motion, minus a couple of individuals... I'd totally welcome another chance to work with this team again! I was going nuts over this wine decanter! I looked so alien. I wonder if Pendy made it. LOL! Philippe and Tarun... Mark Butler and me... (Click on his name to see his website.) Brandon, Tobias, and Andrew... I decided to go around the restaurant to take a few more photos. This is their wine room. I'm in my special place. LOL! Man, I'd love to hold a dinner here. Look at all the wine! That's their sushi bar to the left! Such warm colours in this place. Mark ordered an Espresso. And I had a Cafe Latte with a shot of Baileys and Vanilla. Finally for dessert, I had their Warm Dark Cuban Chocolate Cake! The Blue Water Cafe offers delicious food with awesome service. It's definitely worth many return visits!
I'd like to thank the people of Organic Motion for giving me the opportunity to work with them this week and much gratitude to Andrew for this farewell feast!!!

No comments: