Saturday 22 September 2007

Ballin' in Seattle (Day 1)

Ever since our Canadian dollar hit parity with the US dollar, people have been crossing the border to do a little shopping in the good ole US of A. It was no surprise when we saw this line-up at around 8:30 am. "What the fuck?!?!?" I asked. This time it was only Shellaine and I driving down because Willy had to take care of Muffin, his mom's dog. We saw this creepy house while we lined-up. Try staying overnight here. "Oh Hell No, Fool!!!" Shellaine decided to hit the duty-free store again. Check out the long line-up! This was the pack of cars waiting after shopping from the duty-free store. After a 90 minute wait we finally made our way to the gates. Of course, I got a meal at Jack In The Box. Shellaine ate at Taco Bell. As usual, we dropped by the Seattle Premium Outlets. I made my regular stop at the Banana Republic Factory Store to buy some boxers. Of course, Shellaine picked something up from Coach. Look who I bumped into, Christina! She was down here shopping too. I couldn't help, but talk about "The Hills" with her. LOL!!! After the outlets, we drove over to Alderwood Mall and I hit the Apple Store to buy an iPhone. Mission Accomplished. "Hey, Seattle. We're back again!" We drove along one of the floating bridges towards Bellevue. Nice real estate along the waterfront... "Go, Shellaine, Go!" The view reminds me of Kelowna. Our next destination was Bellevue Square. I asked Shellaine to buy an iPhone for me this time because I had a hard time with the rep at the Alderwood location. It was easy as pie for her at this one. We treated ourselves to some goodies from New York Cupcakes after. Another Mission Accomplished. The Seattle street corner where a particular apartment complex is located. The apartment's garage doors... This was the location used in the movie "Singles" which was written and directed by Cameron Crowe. I just loved the movie! I always knew it was shot on location in Seattle, but I never knew exactly where until now. It was time for us to get something to eat, so we drove over to Alki Beach. Shellaine presenting the view from the beach... A few views now of the Seattle skyline... The restaurant of choice to the right of the photo... We could hear the sea lions gathered on top of a buoy. They were loud. LOL!!! Qwest Field on the left and Safeco Field to the right... Edrocker the Baller... LOL!!! We had dinner at Salty's on Alki. Shellaine ordering... By the way, the girl sitting at the table in the back was really pretty. Hee..., hee... Rockin' two iPhones, one for Fatty and one for me!!! The lures Willy should use when he goes fishing next time. Maybe he'd catch something if he did. Shellaine surprised at how large her meal was... I ordered their Filet Mignon. It was so soft and tender! Yummy... Joy's favourite drink, the Lemon Drop... The skyline at night... Creme Brulee for dessert... After dinner, we did a little shopping at Ikea. They have the same products in Canada, but it's cheaper here! Dre met up with us minutes later. We got settled at JackieDre's place then went over to the Spitfire for Ron's birthday. Shellaine and Rhondalei... (I think that's Terry behind them.) Shellain and Mark... Jeff posing with Shellaine... Jeff getting the crowd to sing, "Happy Birthday". The cake all lit up... Dre and I took off for a bit to check out Twist. Vanessa sitting on Rav's lap... Chris and Dre... This pig even had nipples! Oh yeah! "Aaahhh!" "Ooohhh!" We all went to 'Ohana after. Chris still drinking... Dre's sister, Adrienne... Adrienne and I posing... Dre, Shellaine, and Kanita... Terry and Dre... Vanessa and them in the neighbouring booth... "Just one more drink, Shellaine." "Okay," she replied. Brian and Shellaine... Mark and the 'Ohana dude... Posing with Terry... Now with Tom... On the way back, Dre couldn't hold it anymore. He just had to let it go. LOL!!! Good night...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol, Ed it looks like you know all the cool places to shop and eat across the border. Let me in on the addresses!