Thursday 26 June 2008

Flying the Galactica (Day 5)

I was back at the Vancouver Film Studios this morning, but a little earlier than the rest of my continuity group. I was actually used in 2 different scenes today. Here's our wrangler, Tim with Phoenix."Good morning, Sharleen." Louisa was on the 2nd Unit today. And so was Jen... I eventually got in between them. Guess who I saw when I returned to holding? Tim getting squeezed by... Brynn, Rachael, and Sara!!! They came by to pay us a visit since Brynn had to grab her paycheque from the "Eureka" office. Poor Sara, she was sad because they couldn't go to the beach due to the cloudy weather. Rachael trying on Gavin's helmet... The colouring table... Josh got us all interested in colouring when he first brought some "My Little Pony" colouring pages the other day. A little break from our art to eat lunch... I was wondering where Adiam went during lunch. She was chillin' with the Props Department. Back to colouring again... This is Jenn, a make-up artist on 2nd Unit. The last time I worked with her was 2 years ago on "The Cleaner"! Now, this is Anna. She was Hana's replacement for our continuity scene. She's from New Zealand! Anna's new to our business, so look out for her on your next booking. Look at how Paul used some shading techniques on his drawings. Just brilliant! Robert with his dragon... Josh "coloured by letter"... The products of my labour... Adiam still at work... Troy's creations... Just lovely, especially the one on the right! Adiam's green sea monster... She kicked the ball around after this shot was taken. After we wrapped, Adiam and I were sad because this was probably the last time we'll ever work on "Battlestar Galactica" as a TV series. It's been an awesome regular gig for the both of us. I am happy though because I can officially claim that I was never killed on this show, ever! I even outlived some of the main characters. Yay!!! We said, "goodbye," to Adiam as we waited on the Skytrain platform. She's going on vacation for the whole summer, so we won't see her until September. I'm actually going to miss Adiam because I enjoyed working with her this week. Production: Click the entry's title. Type of Call: 36 Background. Length of Call: 10 hours.

No comments: