Sunday 24 January 2010

California Trip (Day 2)

A sunny morning at Elizabeth's grandma's place... We had a big day ahead of us. On the shuttle towards "the happiest place on Earth"... "Where'd the girls go?" There's Disney's California Adventure Park! But first we entered the original Disneyland Park. PBO! Finally past the gates! Man, the last time I was here was in the spring of 1990! It's still pretty happy in here though. There's Mickey Mouse! Time for me to do some posing on the main street. Here's a cool looking model of the US Capitol at the Lincoln Exhibit. Fuck yeah... There goes Elaine, Leanne's family friend that hooked us up for admission. The adventure begins. Elizabeth picked-up this huge Rice Krispie Cube! We finally got what I was craving for days, Corn Dogs!!! Mine was huge! I promised to get Derek one because he prolonged his stay here. Chowing down at the park bench... Here we go on our first ride. Posing with Princess Jasmine and Aladdin... The French Market... The Haunted Mansion... The statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse... There's Elizabeth on the left. Tomorrowland in the distance... Group shots with the castle... Oh wow! Star Tours is still here?!? Yes, I love Star Wars! There's C-3P0 and R2-D2! "Hurry-up Golden Rod! You're gonna be a permanent resident!" We eventually got hungry again, so stopped for some Mexican food. The decor here looks so authentic. Time to check-out the other side! The only letter of the word that has significance to me... Finally! The rides at the original park were for kids, so I was hoping for something better on this side. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror... This elevator ride was good! Walking towards the other rides... Oh look, it's the plastic soldiers from "Toy Story"! They looked good. They make me want to work here. I finally reached the destination. I was just dying to ride the California Screamin'! The Maliboomer was our first ride here though. It was so good, we went twice! We eventually rode the roller coaster. It was so awesome, we did it twice! As you can see, I was ready for their camera the second time. Elizabeth never rode the scary attractions with us, but she did hear someone by the photos say, "Look at the guy giving the finger!" We loved this ride! I actually lost my voice. A shot of the loving couple... Elizabeth and Leanne got shrunk to the size of bugs! One more ride to do. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror!!! I didn't give the fingers this time. What a deal! These types of attractions at home would have cost us $20/ride! We had some fun with this backdrop. Bye-bye California Adventure Park. We returned to the other side where we bumped into these two girls again! The one in the middle is from Abbotsford, BC. We ran into them earlier in the day when we lined-up for photos with Princess Jasmine and Aladdin. Check-out our new ride at Mickey's Toontown! I slept over at Minnie's house. We walked around further and just when I was beginning to doubt the result of this attraction, we met Mickey! Some high-five action with the mouse... Later in the evening, everyone gathered to watch... the fireworks! Some bangin' and boomin' going on tonight. That's one big whale! Time to go... We were sad to leave "the happiest place on Earth". It's funny, I didn't want to come here at first, but Elizabeth and them convinced me to go. I'm so glad I did. Big thanks to them and Elaine for the hook-up!!! Our last stop of the night, Jack in the Box!

No comments: