Wednesday 18 May 2011

My First Whitecaps Game

Check it out! They've got a replica Linden rookie jersey at ING Direct. You like, Rich? Eventually, I met-up with Fatty for a bite to eat. I ordered a Spanakopita at Scoozis and it was good! While I was eating, I got a call from Rich offering me a couple of free tickets to the Vancouver Whitecaps game tonight! I quickly accepted and asked Boris to accompany me. Actually, the tickets came from Marco who's a season tickets holder. He just couldn't go to this particular game against Toronto FC. For us, it was our first Whitecaps game this season! And it was our first time at Empire Field! It's nice here, especially when the weather co-operates. ;-) Turns out Jorge and Jenny were here too! It's a good thing I 'checked-in' on Facebook or else we wouldn't have known. ;-) Time for the 2nd Half... LOL! For some reason, it seemed like all the action took place in the southend. Nonetheless, the game was entertaining! The game ended in a 1-1 tie, but it was quite the experience. "Fuck yeah!!!" After the game, Boris and I had a craving for some Chicken Shawarmas, but we had trouble finding a place. Eventually, we found a place called Best Falafel on Commercial Drive. It's good, but it still doesn't compare to Jimmy's A&A Deli in Calgary, Alberta. Big thanks to Marco and Rich for the tickets!!!

No comments: