Sunday 15 August 2010

Date at Hell's Gate

On our way to Hell's Gate, we enjoyed the $1.00 Breakfast at IKEA! When we arrived in Hope, Mel suggested we eat at Home Restaurant. Look at the desserts they have here!
Leung ordered their Liver & Onions. Mel got the Grilled Chicken Sandwich. Angela and I shared the Golden Schnitzel plate. Leung and Melinda... Of course we had to try their desserts! Leung's Lemon Meringue Pie... Angela got a Blueberry Pie. You can see Mel giving me the bird because I put down her order of a Fig Bar. LOL! Check-out my Cheesecake with Blueberries! Time to suck face! My sweetheart outed me when I replied, "Oh yeah," to Leung talking about 'invasive species' being in his garden. She asked me, "Do you even know what that is?" I replied, "No." LOL!!! Uh oh, this girl is starting to read me. Back on the highway, we came across this group of cyclists. With the heat we had today, I didn't envy them. Angela on the overpass to our destination... Ready to board the Airtram... Big thanks to Angela and Mel for using their Groupon to get us tickets!!! That's where were going! Mel and the others snapped a few shots before we went down. The Fraser Canyon... Walking over the bridge... The Fraser River... Hell's Gate... Look at my baby taking pictures. She's so cute! Up they go! There's no swimming allowed here! That's where we get our free Fudge! The river is pretty low at this time of the year. "Hi Sexy!" Admiring the scenery here... PBO crossing the bridge... Leung observes the rapids... This is the CN Railway on the other side. Across the river, we saw a CP Rail choo-choo train. "Nice shades, Babe!" Kissing my Bobo... It looks scary down there. See, the girls are freaking-out! Add Leung and me to the mix. "What's over there?" Lovers in a Dangerous Time... Fun times... Posing on the giant chair... Angela and a totem pole... She's making me cealous. Panning for gold... This is where you find the Fudge Packers. Using the macro setting on my camera... Angela tried to do the same. Chipmunks in a house... This girl is dangerous! Some more chipmunks! Mel described this sculpture as one angry salmon. It was carved with a chainsaw! It was my first time here! Back to the chipmunk house... Our ride is here! Going back up... My date at Hell's Gate... "The lens cap is still on, Babe." Apparently, it's really deep down there. It's been a slice. We came, we saw, we conquered! We decided to drive to Boston Bar since it was so close. We didn't stay here long. Angela just filled-up gas. LOL! Back in Hope, we went to Hope Drive In & Restaurant for more food. Onion Rings for Mel. An Orange Swirl Milkshake... and a Fried Egg Sandwich for me. I bought Angela a Hot Dog because she likes wieners. ;) Riding-off into the sunset was pretty cool. Gratitude to Angela for driving us and for inviting me along!!!

No comments: