Wednesday 18 August 2010

Portland Trip (Day 3)

We started off our day by visiting the Oregon Zoo this morning. It was the first time for both of us. We saw Mountain Goats at the start. He's looking at us. Bald Eagles! Salmon... There's a Sturgeon! Turtle... Duck... Cute Duck... So, this is how they look from underwater. Something... Barn Owl... Bear! He was pretty big too! Voyeurs... Pigs... Cows... Goats... A Goat relieving itself... Wolf... The petting area... I think I could take-on this bear. Boars... They're kind of cute. This Monkey just loved swinging around. The darker one loved laying on it's back. Mandrill... An old Chimp... Bobcat... Elephant... Elephants... What's great about this zoo is that they have so many vantage points for those of us that like to watch. The little one was relieving itself. The one in the corner was cute... because it was trying to clear-out it's eye. I thought I'd play the drums now. I got mesmerized by the beat. A cool looking tree... Lions... A bronze lion... See, another vantage point? Cheetah... biter, love to forge. Better yet, I'll call you Curious George. I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas! Only Hippopotamus will do. Rhino with no fire to stomp-out, so it was just sleeping. More petting areas... Zebra... Impala... Impalas... Another Monkey... Birds... A big fat Lizard! Giraffes!
I miss Angela. Man, they're big! Meerkat... It seemed a little chubby though. Cichlids... Crocodile! It looks like an alien! A huge Lizard... Alesha thought this Lung Fish was dead. I couldn't tell. Bird sleeping... These guys looked like Skunks. What's going on here? Oh, baby! Bats! Lorikeets... Apparently, they were scared of something today. Tiger! Penguins... They're so cute! There was a bird's nest in one of the exhibit's hallways! Stellar Seals... They were huge! They look so graceful swimming. Sea Otter... Chomping on some rug... Time to go for a ride. "Whoa!" We got a wild one here! Well, that was fun! Big thanks to Angela for recommending us to go!!! After our visit to the zoo, we drove over to Arleta Library Bakery Cafe for lunch. Peter Murphy recommended this place to me the other day. Look at this old man. He misses his PBO. :( Alesha finally got her wish to eat Pancakes. I ordered Portland's Best Biscuits-n-Gravy. This dish was so awesome! It kept me filled for most of the day and it was absolutely delicious. I want to come back here again. While shopping at a couple of thrift stores, I saw a 2009 Fuji Track! I miss MOMO. I like this Hawthorne District of Portland! It's a cool place to hang-out at. We finally found Voodoo Doughnuts. Look at the fucken line-up! We'll save this for tomorrow. Time to check-out Pioneer Place. Pretty fancy in here. There's Alesha trying to get directions. Posing in Pioneer Courthouse Square... We came across another fancy plaza! We walked some more and saw the city's Central Library. I loved the decor inside! I like this historic building. I finally got my chance to enter the Bike Gallery! Nice looking store... Alesha doesn't care too much about bikes. LOL! This Trek District Carbon was pretty awesome! It was so damn light. I miss my ride. :( We walked into the Nines Hotel for something to eat. Posing at the Urban Farmer Restaurant... The food was a little expense, but it was good! Look how huge these Oysters were! I got full after eating the fifth one. Eat your heart out, Elizabeth! This is such a lovely place. Portland has changed a lot since the last time I came here!
The Lloyd Center is pretty much the same though. I've skated here before!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice oysters!

Fatty said...

district carbon.....i like...