Monday 16 August 2010

Portland Trip (Day 1)

Alesha and I got-up pretty early in the morning to catch our train at the Pacific Central Station. Here's our choo-choo train, the Amtrak Cascades. I was pretty excited because it was my first time riding on this line. We sat in Coach, but it was actually pretty comfortable in this car. The Badger and I on our way... I was trying to keep an eye out for Clark Kent running beside us. Passing under a couple of bridges in Everett... We also had a waterfront view from here! I can practically see down the whole train from here. LOL! Alesha and I had to watch the same movie (Picnic at Hanging Rock) on separate computers because neither of us had an audio splitter for our headphones. I finally was able to order the Ivar's Clam Chowder on our train. I tried to get it earlier, but it wasn't ready yet. Yay, after almost 9 hours of travel, we finally arrived in Portland! "That's Union Station!" So, this is how it looks inside. Train stations must have the same architect or something. ;) Here comes a MAX Light Rail! This train is free within the downtown core, so we took it to an Enterprise Rent-A-Car Centre. It's so spacious inside! Oh man, they've got hanging bike racks in here! I like this city. Inside our suite at the Park Lane Suites & Inn... I'm sleeping out here. The kitchen... This is Alesha's bedroom. Her POV... The washroom... After we settled-in, Alesha and I drove down to Milwaukie to pick-up my cousin, Gloria! This was our first time meeting each other. We've talked on the phone and emailed each other on a bunch of occasions, but we never got to meet in person until now! We all went out for dinner at Pok Pok! I really wanted to eat at this place ever since I saw it featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives". It was busy here! There were a lot of people waiting in-line too! Ate Gloria ordered the Yam Khai Dao. I had the Muu Paa Kham Waan. Alesha got Tam Kai Yaang. I also ordered their Cha Yen, but it wasn't sweet enough. I did enjoy my meal though. First cousins... Posing with the Badger... And now all of us! After dinner, we drove down to Clackamas Town Center for a little shopping. Look what I saw at the StarWarstore.com! It's the Millennium Falcon! This is a special edition model by Master Replicas. Ate Gloria and Yoda... One more shot of my favourite Corellian Freighter. It was great to finally meet you, Ate Gloria!!!

No comments: