Thursday 19 August 2010

Portland Trip (Day 4)

It was our last day in this city, so Alesha suggested we take a walk around the Alphabet District before checking-out. I was impressed by the architecture of this apartment building on NW 24th Avenue. Ironic on how I worked on the feature before I left to go on this trip. This area is so cool! It consists of a lot of historic buildings, boutiques, and restaurants. It's a good thing Alesha had the idea to come here because I never would have thought of it. It wasn't even that far from where we were staying. It was just a short walk away! I also got a chance to get rid of all the US rolled coin I'd been holding on to. We were also close to this baseball stadium. Check out their bike lockers here! Here comes our free ride downtown! We went directly to Voodoo Doughnut to pick something up for our train ride back home. The line-up was so long! We must have waited almost an hour, but we killed the time chatting with the people beside us. It kind of reminded me of the Olympics in Vancouver. Look at what these guys picked-up! That doughnut is fucken so huge! Finally inside! The place has gotten so many good reviews, hence the long line-up. Their menu... They only accept cash, so be prepared. After buying a half-dozen doughnuts, we were off to catch our train. Another fucken line-up! Looks like someone else had the same idea. "All aboard!" It's a pretty sweet train ride. The pink box... Upon Elizabeth's recommendation, I ordered a couple of Bacon Maple Bars! Initially, they looked funny, but they were so good, I decided to save one for Angela. That's the Fremont Bridge! "Bye-bye Portland." :( I really enjoyed the city, it's food, and their love of bicycles! Love at first bite. The sun was starting to set midway through our trip. There were a bunch of scenic moments on this train. I got Ivar's Clam Chowder again! This time, I got better shots of this bridge on the way back. Finally, back in Vancouver only to wait in another long line-up! I was starting to get pissed. Big thanks to Angela for picking us up at the station!!! She's so awesome!!!

No comments: