Friday 6 August 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Alesha wanted t0 check-out the gardens at UBC today, so we went to the Nitobe Memorial Garden this afternoon. They've got a little tea house here too, but you can't go inside. You just have to admire it from the outside. It's so beautiful here. It kind of reminded me of Mr. Miyagi's backyard. You can see Badger at the foot of the bridge in this one. I can imagine Lila meditating here. We spotted a Koi. And it was big one too! Here come the ducks. I thought there was going to be a confrontation between them, but nothing happened. The ducks just grazed the top of the fish and came closer to me. It seemed like they were trying to figure-out what Alesha and I were talking about. LOL! Later, we walked over to the UBC Botanical Garden. Alesha wanted to see if I could fit into this tree, so I went in. It was the Badger's turn now. "Help me..." We couldn't believe they charged us for entrance into this garden. It was like strolling through Stanley Park, but you have to pay. We were not impressed to say the least. "No Badger." Entering the tunnel to get to the other side... Alesha's falling! Oh, they've got a sundial here! I took a closer look, but still couldn't tell what time it was. "Smell the flowers." While walking around the trails, we bumped into Mike! He works the rope-climbing course here when he's not being stuntman. Alesha and the amphitheatre... and this fountain thingy. It was impressive looking. The Badger was fascinated with it. I was too. "Shaken, not stirred." I found a rocket launcher! "FIRE!!!" Enough of my antics, I had to return the street post back into place. In the evening, I met-up with Lisa and Angela at the Railway Club! Add another Angela to the mix! Look who I found in the back alley! There were a bunch of bands playing here tonight. Hey, there's a choo-choo train running above us! This guy looks good as a frontman. Hey man, that blondie grabbin' her dude's butt! I'd like to grab that butt though. ;)

No comments: