Tuesday 17 August 2010

Portland Trip (Day 2)

Sleeping in the salon... The only thing missing from this picture is Angela. I miss my PBO. :( The hotel guests enjoyed a Continental Breakfast in the lounge. It was a good way to start the morning, especially since it was free! Not bad at all. Crunch. Alesha outside of our hotel, Park Lane Suites & Inn... It was time to drive to Cannon Beach! After 90 minutes of driving, we finally got here! I had to take a dump though. After unloading, we did a little shopping at the different stores around here. Doggie chillin'... This seemed to be the popular strip. Endangered species... The beaches here are beautiful! Flowers... "Run to the hills!" More flowers. Upon a recommendation for the best Clam Chowder, we went to Driftwood for lunch. Alesha ordered the Crab Sandwich. I, of course got the Clam Chowder! The recommendation we got from a store keeper turned-out to be true. It was so good, I practically licked the bowl! Everyone should try it. Finally, Haystack Rock was in sight! The beach stretched out so far! Getting closer... Look what we got here, some recumbent cycles! It's such an iconic figure. Time for us to get into the picture. "You Gotta Be Here!" Alesha gave me the idea to jump in my photos. Looks like I have a new Facebook profile pic to put up now. Alesha and the rock... They had a couple of telescopes here to check-out the birds chillin' on the rock. There were a lot of people here! There's also a bunch of officials making sure the public behaves around this place. I wanted to climb this thing, but you're not allowed. I'm sure Fatty would have tried if he were here. The sand at this beach is so smooth. There aren't any shells to step unlike at home. See, so many people? More doggies! This guy was so cute! He gave me a couple of kisses. Lots of life amongst these rocks. We should have taken one of these home. Time to go back to our car. :( From a distance... "Bye." There were some awesome views along the highway! We took some time to admire them. Of course take photos as well. "Oh yeah!" On the way back, we stopped by the Tillamook Forest Center. Here's the view from the tower. It's a little museum inside here. "10-4, good buddy." I was pretty tired from all the driving. I wanted to sleep for a bit. An old school shortwave radio... This thing was pretty cool too. Smokey the Bear always says, "Only you can prevent forest fires, only you." I miss Angela! We checked-out the museum inside. This is what the surveyors used to use back in the day. "Hello?" Alesha on the bridge... and the river it lies over... Walking in the woods... We encountered this Toy Aussie outside the center! So fucken cute! Playing with a skunk pelt... When we returned to Portland, Alesha and I had dinner at Montage. It was Alesha's idea to come here. Now, this was crazy! When we got seated, we sat by these two guys who recognized us from being at Cannon Beach earlier. Apparently, they were eating at the table beside us at Driftwood! Another funny thing was that they went to Pok Pok last night for dinner as well! I wonder if we'll bump into them again. Our drinks... I love the decor inside. You wouldn't know it looked like this if you saw it from the outside. This is definitely a place to come back to! Alesha taking a sip of her Punch... She ordered a Chicken Jambalaya. I ate their Rock Shrimp Linguini! It was so good, I practically cleaned the plate! For dessert, Alesha ordered the Mississippi Mud Pie! While, I had the Chocolate Pot du Creme! This is how they pack the leftovers at this restaurant. We admired all the different animals and plants made out of aluminum foil here. Good call on this spot, Badger!!! I love how bike friendly the city is here!

3 comments:

Fatty said...

the picture of you holding smoky the bears hand made me smile. Judging by the bulge in his pants smokey was very happy as well...

Unknown said...

I also really like the close up of you and Smokey holding hands. The pic of the skunk on your head was gross. Don't forget Voodoo Doughnuts!

Unknown said...

This beach restaurant looks amazing and these dishes sound really very delicious. The picture of animal over the head looks very different and amazing.

dockside italian restaurant sea bright nj