Saturday 5 June 2010

Alesha Visits Steveston

This afternoon, Alesha and I went down to Richmond's Steveston Village. We checked out Fisherman's Wharf first. We were both hungry, so we got something to eat at the Charthouse Restaurant. Shrimp & Crab Supreme with Boston Clam Chowder... The nice weather was a pleasant surprise today. Alesha wanted me to get a photo with this Orca sign. Alesha bought ice cream for both of us at Mary's Italian Ice Cream. They've got a 2 for 1 special here! We finally learned the difference between gelato and ice cream. Gelato is made with milk and ice cream is made with cream. Doh! With ice cream in hand, we walked over to Garry Point Park. It was a perfect day for kite flying! It's nice here. Time to put my tripod to use. I can honestly say I've never been here before! I don't know the name of this sculpture, but I'm calling this thing the Garry Point Death Star. Time to get off. I tried taking this thing home with me. Alesha at Steveston... Those little buggies were cool! They just got dragged around by their kites. We considered riding one back to Vancouver. ;)

No comments: