Saturday 12 June 2010

Ride, Wine, and Dine

Earlier this afternoon, I rode down to Creekside Park to check out the MEC Bikefest. There were a lot of stands here, but it looked like the VPD stand was the most popular because they offered free bike engravings. The weather was perfect for the event! Later, I rode MOMO to the Vancouver Olympic Village to check out the big birds! These sculptures are kind of cool. Nick said the bird looked like it was perched on MOMO. "Do the chickens have large talons?" There's only 2 birds in the plaza. It was nice to finally get a closer look at these properties. They've been open to the public for quite some time now. What MOMO rocks... In the evening, Nick invited me to the Wine, Food & Music Festival at Metropolis! There was a lot of wine tasting going on here. A good turnout too! Reminds me of "The Cove". It's neat how they transformed this area into a temporary patio. We began to line-up for the Cactus Club stand's... Sliders! By the time we got to the front, there were only 35 burgers left. We had to wait for the top of the buns to come. LOL! Victory at hand! I grabbed a photo with Marney, one of the hostesses. The Forbidden Fruit Winery stand was my favourite by far because their wines were so delicious and sweet! Posing with Marie and Rob... Nick and Marie... They also had a Cupcakes stand here! I must have eaten 4. PBO spotted! There were a few here! Cupcake!!! This was my fourth. The most fairest of them all... Posing with the girls of the Beaumont Family Estate Winery... I thought I'd take a better photo of them this time. I grabbed one of the Cactus Club girls to take a photo with near the end of the event. Vicky and Rick... Turns out Rick has worked as the Sound Guy on shows such as "Battlestar Galactica", "Defying Gravity", and "Eureka"! I've worked on all of those productions, but this is our first time meeting each other?!? Nick and I ended our night at Trocadero. Gratitude to Nick!!!

No comments: