Tuesday 22 June 2010

Star Wars: In Concert

"Yes, Greedo. I was just going to see your boss. Tell Jabba I've got his money."
I met-up with Angela at Milestones before going to the concert. Yam Fries and Sliders for me! I really like their little burgers here. Angela had Calamari and... Soup. Bellinis were on special today! After dinner, we finally made our way to GM Place. The show begins! Scenes from all the movies were displayed as the orchestra performed their pieces. Anthony Daniels, who played 'C-3PO' was our host for the evening! You know, if "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" wasn't so bad, I would have been all over this car. Instead, I got Angela to do my dirty work. Yeah, that's right! During the performance, we took the opportunity to scope the various items on display to avoid the crowds. Here are some blasters! A couple of helmets... A Scout Trooper helmet... One of Queen Amidala's dresses... Angela posing with Vader... The Dark Lord of Sith... "Oh, they've encased him in Carbonite!" "I am C-3PO, human cyborg relations..." Can I get you anything? Run Angela, run!!! Jedi Master Yoda... The Emperor's Royal Guards... It's Chewbacca! The two of us are notorious throughout the galaxy. He's like a big teddy bear. Here's someone that dressed the part! A couple of "Star Wars" babes... Some more peeps with the spirit... Intermission over... Our original seats were amongst a bunch of children, but we spotted a lot of empties, so we just moved over. ;) I didn't really get what was up with the panda bear at the end of the performance. Angela suggested it was some kind of fetish. LOL! But wait, Anthony Daniels arranged for an encore! They played "The Imperial March". It's over now. :( We don't dig crowds, so we stuck in our seats for a bit. Eventually, we got up to walk around and that's when I saw these Scout Troopers! And then Boba Fett! "These aren't the droids we're looking for. Move along." This guy's outfit was the best though. It must have cost him a pretty penny. Big thanks to Angela for picking-up our tickets!!! Because she went in person to a Ticketmaster outlet, she was able to find cheaper prices that weren't available on their website. We paid $56.50 each for ours. Hey Luke, that little R2 unit is taking off on you! Luke!! Luke!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha wow its your dream come true. starwars in concert eh?

The EdRocker said...

Yeah, it was fun! I only wish there was an R2-D2 available for photos.

Fatty said...

what did vader say when he was humping princess lea?

"who is your father"

The EdRocker said...

Eeewww... Incest does run in their family though. LOL!

morjana said...

Hi, Ed!

How cool! Thanks for sharing the Star Wars photos.

I was fortunate to attend a similar exhibit at the Marin County Fair (near Lucas' Skywalker Ranch) in ... '89 (I think), and they had memorabilia from all of Lucas' films. Way cool.

Best wishes.