Friday 15 October 2010

Austin Trip (Day 2)

We started off our morning with breakfast at Jo's! This restaurant was another one of Graham and Sarah's great discoveries in the city. My yummy French Toast... A bottle of Mexican Coke... Angela and her favourite neice, Scarlett... Play time with Aunt Annie... Posing on the 1st Street Bridge... The look on Scarlett's face is classic! Nice view of the skyline from here! You can see the Ann W. Richards Congress Avenue Bridge from here too. Those people canoeing gave me an idea. We walked across to the other side. Angela likes the look of the underside of bridges. She does have an eye for photography. Nice. Daddy and his little girl with Stevie Ray Vaughan... Scarlett and Stevie... This statue stands along Lady Bird Lake Trail. My turn... The groupies... Yup, I took this shot. And this one too. Angela in control now... The camera's back in my hands now. Scarlett was the perfect model. Looking down Lady Bird Lake... Walking back downtown... Angela in front of the Austin City Hall... The awning over the spectators is covered with solar panels! There was a band playing at the plaza! We stopped by Amy's Ice Creams for dessert! "Hey, Scarlett." "Would you like some... ICE CREAM???" My treat. Scarlett got ticketed by a police officer. LOL! I like the name of this street. ;-) Angela finally bought herself a cowboy hat! Scarlett had to try it on. SoCo certainly has character. You can see the Texas State Capitol from here! Shortly after, Ang and I went back to our hotel to relax by the pool. I was the only one swimming. LOL! It was a great way to cool off. My POV... Angela and the City... Check out my tan line! Graham and Sarah were attending a wedding, so Ang and I went out for dinner tonight. Truluck's... I suggested we try this restaurant out since it caught my attention the other day. Oh wow, they've got horse carriages here!?! Fancy shmancy... Posing with my date... It's nice and dark here. First, we shared a bowl of Clam Chowder. They served us a basket of bread which had slices of a delicious Cinnamon Loaf! This Niman Ranch Ribeye was quite possibly the best tasting steak I've ever had! Angela ordered the Clear Springs Rainbow Trout. The food at this restaurant was superb! After dinner, we cabbed over to the Continental Club. We were here to watch two live performances. The price of admission was only $15! First up was Rosie Flores. The club celebrated her birthday tonight! Wanda Jackson the Queen of Rock was the next performer. I liked Danny B's guitar. Wanda was recently inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! See, nice guitar, eh? The place was packed! When I stepped outside for a moment, I saw a huge line-up in front of the club. We all celebrated her birthday as well! "Happy Birthday to You!!!" The cab ride back... Thanks for a wonderful evening, Ang!!!

No comments: