Saturday 16 October 2010

Austin Trip (Day 3)

My baby was looking like Audrey Hepburn in her dress today! Angela in front of our hotel, the Hampton Inn & Suites Austin-Downtown. My turn... On our way to Austin's 6th Street, we stopped by a firehall! I asked the firefighter if we could take a photo with the truck and he gladly obliged. He even told me to get into the driver's seat! "It's what we do here," he said. LOL! Ang and the truck... A lot of the old buildings here remind me of New Orleans. Ang wanted to take a walk down the alley. Whoa! Look what we found, the Forbidden Fruit store. Time to walk along 6th Street. Now, that's one big Jackalope! We could already tell that this strip is similar to Vancouver's Granville Entertainment District. There's goes a group of people touring downtown on Segways! Off they went! This district consists of many historical buildings! Check it out, Ang's dress matched the colours of the Driskill Hotel! We could already tell that this hotel was going to be fancy inside. Where's my babe?!? Sure enough, our predictions were right. We want to stay here next time. ;-) I tried to reenact a moment from "Titanic". ;-) The design of this place is amazing! Upstairs in the lounge... A cool sculpture... We looked around in one of the main halls. They were setting-up for a wedding here. We decided to steal a kiss on the patio. Posing with the Lone Star State's flag... And then we stole another kiss. ;-) "Come down, Ang." Nice hotel desk. They had beautiful furniture in the lobby. We walked further through downtown and bumped into another Segway tour! There they go again! I love how you can see the Texas State Capitol at the end of Congress Avenue. This is not air guitar. "FIRE!!!" Graham and Sarah picked us up and we went to Home Slice Pizza for lunch. This place was busy! The cook put on a show for my camera. It's showtime! I like our little booth. These two are a long way from England. Greek Salad for all of us to share... Now, that's one big Pizza! I got a Guinness Milkshake from here yesterday and I loved it so much that I went back for another one today! It was time to visit the Whole Foods Market Headquarters! So many bright colours on display! Where's my babe?!? Barbecue time... Kate, our hostess... I promised her a donation in support of her ride in Austin's LIVESTRONG Challenge. "Let's go for a swing!" "Weeeee!!!" Hey, it's Scarlett! No, it's Buzz Lightyear! The newlyweds, Ryan and Kirstie cutting cake... Congratulations!!! Ang and Buzz... After the party, we went by the Mean-Eyed Cat. A lot of history in this place too! They love Johnny Cash here. Miss Kitty, the cat who inspired the bar's name...

No comments: