Sunday 10 October 2010

Thanksgiving on the Island (Day 2)

Awww, it's Sienna! She slept between Ang and I on our bed. It's not hard sharing the bed with this sweetheart. And with this one too! Emily is so cute too! Paul took the two poodles out for a walk in the morning. I caught up with them at their neighbour's ranch. There be horsies here! "Hello." Emily and Sienna like to play fetch with a rock. LOL! Here's another neighbour, a Golden Retriever! It was time to hit the road to Victoria! On the way, we made a stop at Cowichan Bay! Check it out, I've got THOs. LOL! Angela at the helm now... I had to do a Number 2 badly! While I was occupied, Angela put her photographic eye to work. It's pretty here! Nice shot, Babe! I finally got out of the washroom. Angela bought me a Pain Au Chocolate and it was really good! Posing with the Skalendas... Another stop we made was at Goldstream Provincial Park. I tried to take as many shots for Linda, so she can get more ideas for future artwork. Angela and the stream... It's beautiful here! The salmon run through here too! Just not today. :-( Linda found a prop for us to pose with! Now, that's one big maple leaf! I should have worn my yellow sweater too. It's my turn with the leaf. It looks like I've got a hillbilly smile in this one. A few more shots of the stream... There's that leaf again. The fall colours are in full effect. Cutie... LOL! I need to pump-up more. Finally, when we reached Victoria, we dropped by the Morris Gallery. Linda's paintings are currently on display here! Her daughter admires the work. "Impressive..., most impressive!" Linda's paintings of birch trees are great! We stole a kiss in here. ;-) Now, this one's my favourite! It's the Sooke Harbour House! PBO! I'm thinking. My crooked smile... After our visit to the gallery, we toured the RailYards Development. This seems like a nice community. We had an early dinner at Ferris' Oyster Bar. Hey, there's my girlfriend! We all shared a Big Bowl of Mixed Fries. The booth was a little small, but we were able to manage. I ordered the Clam Linguine! Angela and her mom shared a pasta dish. I just can't remember which one though. Paul got a sandwich. Good food here! Time to walk towards the harbour. There were a couple of large schooners docked here! We took some time to admire the ships. Can you imagine climbing to the top of these masts? "I'm gonna eat all the Pumpkin Pie when we get back to your place, Linda." I love tall ships! Look at all the wood used. Posing in front of the Empress Hotel... "Don't be crazy," said Angela. LOL! This hotel is such a beautiful landmark of the city. Sienna and Paul waiting patiently... My first look at Arbutus Trees... They were in front of the hotel. It's so weird, their bark just peel off! I thought they were dying at first. LOL! We went for a walk inside the hotel. I feel like I just went back in time. Coffee, anyone? The hand-carved decor in this room was very intricate! It's just beautiful here! A shot of the British Columbia Parliament Buildings... Sunset in the harbour... One last shot of the Empress... Time to walk the dogs at the park. Lights on. Lights off. There's a beach down there! Time to head back. That right, more Pumpkin Pie! Gratitude to Paul and Linda for touring us around today!!!

No comments: