Saturday 9 October 2010

Thanksgiving on the Island (Day 1)

I was still pretty sleepy on our bus ride to Horseshoe Bay this morning. Like Angela said, "Thanksgiving Weekend is one of the busiest times of the year to take the ferry." We killed some time at the local Blenz Coffee. I bought a Rice Krispie Square and a Hot Chocolate. "Take a bite, Babe." "This is how you do it." We were finally boarding the ferry to Nanaimo! We took the dog route. When we arrived at Departure Bay, Ang pointed out one of her mother's paintings on sale at one of the gift shops at the terminal! And here she is! Angela's mom, Linda prepared a feast for all of us tonight! You gotta have Turkey! The table was all set. Add Angela to the picture. And to this one. And here. Here. Man, she's everywhere in this house!?! Now, she's all ready to dig in! Of course I took a shot of my plate. Paul, Angela, James, me, Linda, and Edith... Dinner was awesome!!! These water goblets belonged to Angela's grandmother, Dorothy. Linda put them out for this special occasion. We had Pumpkin Pie for dessert! Our chef extraordinaire gets a kiss from her loving husband, Paul... Thank you, Linda!!! "The beacons are lit!!!" This is Edith's dog, Miko! Sienna! Miko in the back and Sienna on my lap... Check out the size of my belly after tonight's dinner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw happy thanksgiving to my canadian friends :)