Thursday 14 June 2007

Iron Road (Day 11)

It was a day off for everyone, so I walked down to the campus' computer lab to surf the net. On the way there I bumped into Maria. I met her in one of the dorm's elevator on the first day we arrived in Kamloops. Her phone had "The X-Files" ringtone, so I called her, "Scully" and she called me, "Fox". Since then, we would always chat whenever we'd see each other. She came all the way from the Russian city, Yuzhno Sakhalinsk to study at the TRU. I like these big Canadian flags. Victoria Street in the heart of Downtown Kamloops... I thought I'd visit some of the new friends I met on set. I went by Rossella's shop, Moda Hair Salon located at Suite 304-444 Victoria Street (250-374-5159). rossella_moda_hair@yahoo.ca Here she is giving one of her clients some colour... Chihuahua!!! Rossella used to be a professional body builder! The Chihuahua kept looking at me.See... The view from Rossella's balcony... After leaving Moda, I walked along Victoria Street and that's when I bumped into Jackie. She was chillin' at Zack's... Jackie was one of the make-up artists on our set. After bidding adieu to Jackie, I walked over to the little photo shop. This is Wilf's store and it's located at 228 Third Avenue (250-318-5041). rockface@telus.net Wilf played an Irish blacksmith and a train conductor on set. Wilf and his wife, Evelyn... Wilf is awesome! Before I left his shop, he gave me a little momento. Since we were portraying the Chinese immigrants who worked on the railroad, a bunch of us decided to visit the city's Chinese Railway Workers' Cemetery. A bit of a sombre moment for all of us... Look what Wilf gave me!!! It's a photo of the Spirit of Kamloops. It's Party Time!!! The doormen who wouldn't allow tank tops, torn jeans, sunglasses, hats worn to the side, and taking photos inside the bar... Other than that, they seemed like nice guys. Ceilidh and Jacob...Jenn and Sasha... Demonstrating one of the many submission holds performed in UFC... What a great way to spend our last night in Kamloops!!!

No comments: