Sunday 9 May 2010

2010 Sun Run

Here's my running mate, Chera! The day had finally come for us to do our 10 km run. I love her socks! On the Skytrain with the hordes of runners... Well, we're somewhere amongst this endless sea of humanity.
I was so excited because it was my first time!
There were 51 419 people that came out to run this morning! We were all lucky because it was a sunny day! Photo Credit: Kat Kam
We finally made it to the end! Honestly, I think we could have gone further and faster. "I feel I could take on the whole Empire myself!" Chera and I didn't even stop once! We crossed the finish line together, but she beat me by one second! I clocked in at 0:58:34, while Chera got 0:58:33. Todd's time was 0:44:42! Todd spotted someone walking around with a free canister of protein powder, so we looked around the fair and finally found the line-up. We were going nuts trying to find all the freebees. It was fun though! "More cowbell! We need more cowbell!" Reunited with Amanda, Tara, and Chera... I loved doing this run!
I look forward to next year's Sun Run!!! After parting with Chera, the rest of us went to Tobys for brunch. Finally home and admiring all the goodies I got from the Sun Run Fair... Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments: