Monday 26 July 2010

The Grind, the VAG, and "Inception"

I was back at Grouse Mountain this morning, waiting for the Deumas to arrive, so we could do the Grind together.
They were running a little late, so I killed some time hanging-out by the Wolf Habitat.
I've seen these two before. Eventually, the Deumas arrived! Here they go, ready to take on the challenge with their 3 year-old. I warned them not to do it, but they didn't listen. Carina walked on certain parts of the way up, but was mostly carried by either Boris or Hilda. Uh oh, Boris is getting tired. Resting time... Back to carrying the little one... They should have brought their Yoda pack. Another pit stop... This one kept asking where her big sister, Alesha was. They eventually finished after 2 1/4 hours. They did it though. The Deumas conquered the Grouse Grind! "Get me the fuck out of here!" I left early because I had already made plans to meet-up with Alesha for lunch.
See, they've got a dog by the concierge desk at Hotel Vancouver! He works here!
We went to a Joey for lunch.
Uh oh, I'm gaining weight again.
Starting off with a couple of drinks...
I had their Lobster Grilled Cheese with Yam Fries. Alesha ordered the California Chicken Club. For dessert, we each had a Molten Lava Chocolate Souffle! The food here was great! After accidentally scraping my arm on a sign on Robson Street, I realized I'm medium rare on the inside. After our lunch, we checked-out the Vancouver Art Gallery. Big thanks to Andrea for getting us in!!! I'm creepin'. In the evening, we watched "Inception". It was my second time watching it, but I didn't mind because it's an awesome movie!
After the movie, we snapped a couple of shots from Lonsdale Quay as we waited for the bus.
Would someone get this container ship out of the way?!?
Hey, that's where Dave works! Alesha and I climbed to the top platform for a better vantage point. It didn't help though, that ship was still in the way. I wonder who owns this yacht. It's been here for awhile. There goes the sun. :(

No comments: