Saturday 10 July 2010

Powwow & Chow

A couple of days ago, Alesha suggested we check out the Squamish Nation 23rd Annual Youth Powwow. So today, we did just that! Look, one of them was an Olympic torchbearer! It was so cool seeing the different outfits they had on. I just felt sorry for them because they must have been boiling. The weather was so damn hot! More and more started to join the dance! They just kept going in circles until it grew and grew! Yet another event Alesha has introduced to me. I've lived in this city for most of my life and I've never attended anything like this before! Once again, the tourist leads the local. Alesha was just dying to dance with them. There's so many of them now. Here come the youngins. They look like they're going to war. The leaders of the future... They're so beautiful! Alesha took some time to do a little shopping. I really liked this hoodie. I bumped into Amelia here! Turns out her daughter, Shayla was one of the dancers! Eventually, Alesha got her chance to dance with the First Nations. She was a little shy at first, but she mustered enough courage to get into the circle. It was actually one of her objectives on her visit to Vancouver. Mission Accomplished... It certainly was an experience for the two of us. Thanks Alesha!!! We left the party and made our way towards Park Royal, but along the way, we came across a railway. We decided to stop and take photos the train. Alesha looking sad... And now, happy... Walking over the Capilano River.... We had lunch at Milestones. We both had their Strawberry Lemonade. I didn't bother taking photos of our food because I always eat the same thing here. The Sliders have been blogged to death by me already. When Alesha and I parted ways, I took the Skytrain down to Richmond. The boys and I went to Sammy J. Peppers to celebrate Henry's birthday! Happy Birthday Henry!!! I was still full from my lunch with Alesha, so I just ordered dessert. It was some kind of Apple Cinnamon Roll and it was really good! The boys chatting... Brian's tattoos... One of servers here had a nice booty! ;)

No comments: